Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

17 hours ago, baboon said:

He was ousted by his own party for his never ending lies and corruption. He leaves in disgrace. He is the worst Prime Minister we have had by a country mile and good riddance to the swine.

I thought Blair was....?  ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

How is blair relevant to this thread? 

I was replying to your post, "Politicians should be judged on their actions not family circumstances", I said "As Blair was ?".

Can't answer it, OK.........????

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

How is Blair relevant to this thread?

Not sure if you deliberately missed the point....... which was valid in the context of the post he was replying to...

(using Blair as an example where politicians are not always judged by their actions  -  but I suspect you knew that).

• Thanks 1

Just now, transam said:

I was replying to your post, "Politicians should be judged on their actions not family circumstances", I said "As Blair was ?".

Can't answer it, OK.........????

It’s still not relevant to this thread. 

I’ve already said I don’t judge on background. 

This thread is not about blair’s performance as pm and therefore off topic. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

It’s still not relevant to this thread. 

I’ve already said I don’t judge on background. 

This thread is not about blair’s performance as pm and therefore off topic. 

Nice dodge......:crazy:

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Not sure if you deliberately missed the point....... which was valid in the context of the post he was replying to...

(using Blair as an example where politicians are not always judged by their actions  -  but I suspect you knew that).

It was not relevant in any way,  shape or form to my post, as my reply to the post (which was mine) shows.

blair as pm is not the subject of this thread nor is his background and therefore off topic. 

But I suspect you knew that. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

johnson was a liar and untrustworthy, the country is good for his going.

The contest for tory party leader is between truss and sunak now.

I believe truss is going to be a liability for her party as leader and a gift for the opposition in a general election. 

#gotruss

Just because her delivery is wooden and she's easily confused doesn't mean...oh wait a minute.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Uh oh…

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/31/rishi-sunak-pledges-20-tax-cut-by-end-of-decade-in-last-gasp-pitch-to-members?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

”In a coded attack on Truss, Sunak said the party’s future in power was in peril. “Winning this leadership contest without levelling with people about what lies ahead would not only be dishonest – it would be an act of self-sabotage that condemns our party to defeat at the next general election and consigns us to a long period in opposition.

“I would urge them to treat with caution any vision that doesn’t involve any difficult trade-offs and remember that if something sounds too good to be true – then it probably is.”

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Really ?

That's the first that I've heard about that 

How come no one has ever mentioned that before ?

Many politician do and say things which the media turn into telling lie's.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The population doesn't get to choose the leaders of political parties . 

Odd, how is suddenly become "unfair"

No, wrong. How is it fair that not even 200.000 old, most upper class men decide who will be PM?? And also wrong that the population doesn't choose the leader. People choose the party, that's right. But they know who's the leader of the party. And this leader will becomes PM.

Again, the population shall vote, not only not even 1%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

No, wrong. How is it fair that not even 200.000 old, most upper class men decide who will be PM?? And also wrong that the population doesn't choose the leader. People choose the party, that's right. But they know who's the leader of the party. And this leader will becomes PM.

Agree the people voted for Boris. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

No. We’re OK with the current arrangement. Maybe where you come from but not the UK. 
We even had a referendum about proportional representation and voted against it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to get over this.

Sorry if you find the truth distasteful but it needs to be said. Taking all your information from the Garuniad and other lefty posters is not good for you. You are already believing their hype and misinformation. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, baboon said:

The BBC has everyone shouting at them. Too Left! Too Right!

Sky News is Murdoch.

ITV I don't know.

GBeebies - Right wing.

And their rival set up by Murdoch, right wing.

You are on a hiding to nothing at this point. Johnson is a corrupt liar who was ousted by his party and resignes in disgrace.

Again I ask you Boris haters when did he say resign. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No. We’re OK with the current arrangement. Maybe where you come from but not the UK. 
We even had a referendum about proportional representation and voted against it. 

Strange understanding of democracy if 200000 old men decide the future of a whole country. You're ok with that? Really?

Reminds me of China

46 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Agree the people voted for Boris. 

The only people who voted for Boris are those in his own constituency of Uxbridge and South Ruislip, where he won 52.6 % of votes cast.

So just over half of his own constituency, to claim this ad ‘The people’ is a bit of a stretch. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are correct, he hasn’t resigned but he is in the process of being removed.

No, he is being replaced, leaving his position.......????

A bloke on the opposite bench has been removed, near instantly.......????