Donald Trump says he invoked 5th Amendment in deposition for New York investigation

Scott

Just now, Mavideol said:

if they are his supporters they deserve it.... I know the guy for the past 40+ years, never liked him and it only got worse, 3 words..... Lock Him Up

I know some Trump supporters who are very kind, considerate and definitely not angry. They just trust what their pastor tells them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The point that I was making is that some people have been going on about Trump being arrested and jailed for the last six years now and they claimed that he would be jailed as soon as he wasn't POTUS anymore

OK, understand. But these 6 years have passed now.

47 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

He's already committed crimes that got him impeached. Twice. The walls are closing in. People have had enough of this grifter's nose-thumbing at laws he feels apply to everyone but him. He even tightened the laws that will bite him in the a$$. I personally can't wait.

Actually, it's conceivable that the FBI would never have raided him if it was just a misdemeanour instead of a felony offence. They likely would have confined themselves to a subpoena.

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Especially when he himself has said that those taking the 5th are guilty! ????

In a civil case which this is, taking the 5th CAN be interpreted as guilt. He's gonna pay BIGLY! But he dodges prison ... for now. 

Trump can't get in criminal jeopardy by pleading the Fifth — but he can lose a lot of money: former FBI agent - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But he was acquitted .

Or are people now guilty of something because they are accused and acquitted .

I thought that an acquittal means they weren't guilty of the allegations and makes then innocent 

I won't get into the rest of your argument, but an acquittal doesn't mean innocent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

440 times!

People are saying that he's the BEST fifth-amemendment taker ever.

Trump took the Fifth Amendment at least 440 times in deposition with NYS attorney general Letitia James: report

That’s a whole lot of self-incrimination.

Former President Donald Trump pleaded the Fifth Amendment at least 440 times on Wednesday to avoid answering questions in his four-hour deposition with New York Attorney General Letitia James’s office in lower Manhattan about business dealings at his real estate company, according to NBC News.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-trump-fifth-amendment-440-times-nys-attorney-general-james-20220811-x4gbkskjfrhkrfmndvolqi434m-story.html

Given Trump's propensity to take a golf cart rather than walk, one is tempted to say that he's not physically fit. But taking the 5th 440 times? Now, that's aerobic!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

There's truth to Trump's claim about joe. Biden would have needed a nap every 100 5ths.

Despite which look at all bills that he managing to get passed. Whereas Trump even with a biggger majority in the House and Senate got so little done. 

Edited by placeholder

On 8/11/2022 at 5:38 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

The point that I was making is that some people have been going on about Trump being arrested and jailed for the last six years now and they claimed that he would be jailed as soon as he wasn't POTUS anymore

Some good things take time 

Is Trump in for the Rosenbergs treatment if convicted of selling nuke secrets? He  has been a big supporter of capital punishment in the past.  Seems a former CIA Director thinks that that would be a good thing. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-beschloss-former-cia-director-hayden-suggest-trump-executed-having-nuclear-documents

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:03 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

But he was acquitted .

Or are people now guilty of something because they are accused and acquitted .

I thought that an acquittal means they weren't guilty of the allegations and makes then innocent 

You are confusing the process of impeachment with the process of criminal Justice.

Once again letting loose the fact of your lack of understanding of that which you are discussing.

• Like 1