Is this being racist?

On 8/22/2022 at 1:42 PM, ozimoron said:

It could be considered racist but the context indicates stereotyping which is plain ignorance and one crime level below racism, in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes in a western country if the other guy complained to HR.

No its  isnt , people ALWAYS   put  people  into groups, its  the old  "is  that  tiger  in the bushes or the breeze blowing scenario".

On 8/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, ThailandRyan said:

The guy needs management to tell him to do his job and stop having personal conversations unless it is during break times.

and  then the rest  of the Thai  staff  who WILL be  gawking at their  phones  all day,  bloody  things should  be banned  worldwide from any workplace in 99%  of  cases.

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:38 PM, problemfarang said:

So get back to the conversation i heard. I will not give the full details but at some point german guy said 'yes, you are obviously from ... because your nose is very big.'

and  if he had  said  youre  obviosuly  from............because   you  have  yellow  hair/ Scandinavian........... red  hair,Scotland etc........ sheesh  what a  delicate  soul you  must be.............best get to that safe  space right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Actually, no one got offended .

Although it is rather inappropriate to comment on peoples large body parts whilst in the working environment 

I didn't say anyone got offended. But my comment as stated is true?

On 8/22/2022 at 2:50 PM, worgeordie said:

You say anything in today's World ,and there are going to be people

that are offended* ,don't know what the Worlds coming to ,but there

are a lot of sensitive people out there , * even if it's not offensive ......????

regards Worgeordie 

I think there are far more insensitive people out there and that is where the problem starts .

Many will disagree but social context matters. Such as the demographics and racial pecking order of a particular community. Germans with their history pointing out big noses is objectively different and more loaded than a Jewish girl expressing desire for a nose job among Jewish peers. I think by far the bulk of nose jobs done globally are among Asians to change the shape.

Love your nose!

https://english.elpais.com/culture/2022-04-25/barbra-streisand-the-80-year-old-star-who-did-not-fix-her-nose-and-who-sets-her-own-rules.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

and  if he had  said  youre  obviosuly  from............because   you  have  yellow  hair/ Scandinavian........... red  hair,Scotland etc........ sheesh  what a  delicate  soul you  must be.............best get to that safe  space right now.

There are quite a few posters on this site who get upset and offended when they are referred to as "Felang" , I trust that you aren't one of them ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are quite a few posters on this site who get upset and offended when they are referred to as "Felang" , I trust that you aren't one of them ?

I much prefer bing called ‘fulang’... then we can get into the debate about the spelling of a non-English word and whether the r is pronounced trilled or not !!! ????

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I prefer the term my Wife uses.......farang kee nok.............tells me it s a term of endearment

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is Thailand, racism is not illegal,  unless you are a Thai and discriminated. 

Last breath (or gasp) of fresh air. But even Asia has caught the disease.

Oh, the humanity!!!!

I'll take freedom of speech over some simp concern of being offended.

It's racist wah wah wah... you're a bigot boo hoo hoo. Bunch of Karen's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BonMot said:

Oh, the humanity!!!!

what could go wrong?

4 minutes ago, BonMot said:

Oh, the humanity!!!!

Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to verbally abuse other people 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

what could go wrong?

The last ten years in developed countries?? To my mind that's gone entirely wrong. I'll live with the farang sleights from the Thais for the extended liberty not living under wokeness.

The last ten years in developed countries?? To my mind that's gone entirely wrong. I'll live with the farang sleights from the Thais for the extended liberty not living under wokeness.

Some of us don't consider the term "farang" to be a slight at all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Verbally abuse lol. Woke much? File charges?

An insult is no more than that.  Children and bullying aside - words do no physical harm.

If it's a real issue - settle it the way humans do... with a fight. Could be fists or pistols at dawn.

Is that supposed to be some deep wisdom you're imparting?

Just wondering why you claim to be impervious to racism but regard the community you live in to be racist against you because they use a "racist" word to describe you? Perhaps you're more concerned at protecting the racism you care to impart?

Edited by ozimoron

Verbally abuse lol. Woke much? File charges?

An insult is no more than that.  Children and bullying aside - words do no physical harm.

If it's a real issue - settle it the way humans do... with a fight. Could be fists or pistols at dawn.

That is the way criminals behave and those people who don't adhere to any rules or laws .

"What did you say , me and you outside now" 

"Leave it John, he aint worth it ?

"I'll ave im" 

????

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

False equivalency much?

Insulting and possibly true stereotype racial or not - especially a one off only constitutes s *abuse* by the groups that whine and hunt it out to later use it as a weapon.

Spousal abuse

Child abuse

Verbal abuse

I see what you did there but I'm not buying it for a second. Calling people off-color names, use of stereotypes is not abuse no matter what woke trends indicate.

Edited by BonMot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Just wondering why you claim to be impervious to racism but regard the community you live in to be racist against you because they use a "racist" word to describe you? Perhaps you're more concerned at protecting the racism you care to impart?

I just don't care. I don't care what others think of me or any racist names they ascribe to me.

I want to allow everyone to think, act as they so desire. I'll do the same.

I don't believe in social engineering, especially wokeness and anything that failed thinking might remotely embrace.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BonMot said:

I just don't care. I don't care what others think of me or any racist names they ascribe to me.

I want to allow everyone to think, act as they so desire. I'll do the same.

I don't believe in social engineering, especially wokeness and anything that failed thinking might remotely embrace.

Demonstrating consideration for minorities is "failed thinking"?

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is the way criminals behave and those people who don't adhere to any rules or laws .

"What did you say , me and you outside now" 

"Leave it John, he aint worth it ?

"I'll ave im" 

????

That's the way men behave.

Of course there is no honor in thuggery and brawling but seeing as I had to point it out - it's a lost cause.

That's what keeps the nonsense in check. Not whining and certainly not laws.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Demonstrating consideration for minorities is "failed thinking"?

Virtue signal much? I'd say every post on this thread.

In twenty years whites will be a minority in the US, probably less time in UK and Sweden. What then?

Whites are clear minorities in East Asia with laws even protecting the natives. Not a week goes by and someone is whining about racism. This week it was *racism in the NPs*. I'm so aggrieved ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BonMot said:

That's the way men behave.

Of course there is no honor in thuggery and brawling but seeing as I had to point it out - it's a lost cause.

That's what keeps the nonsense in check. Not whining and certainly not laws.

That may be the way "real" men behave .

But Gentlemen behave in a more refined manner .

Not calling people names or verbally abusing them and not settling disagreements with a fight .

BTW , are you from Australia perchance ?

Virtue signal much? I'd say every post on this thread.

In twenty years whites will be a minority in the US, probably less time in UK and Sweden. What then?

Whites are clear minorities in East Asia with laws even protecting the natives. Not a week goes by and someone is whining about racism. This week it was *racism in the NPs*. I'm so aggrieved ????

I call B.S.!

White resentment is a social disease. 

What's referred to is if you ADD UP all the NON-WHITES then whites will eventually be a little less than 50 percent, Get the BIG difference?

The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects (brookings.edu)

New census population projections confirm the importance of racial minorities as the primary demographic engine of the nation’s future growth, countering an aging, slow-growing and soon to be declining white population. The new statistics project that the nation will become “minority white” in 2045. During that year, whites will comprise 49.7 percent of the population in contrast to 24.6 percent for Hispanics, 13.1 percent for blacks, 7.9 percent for Asians, and 3.8 percent for multiracial populations (see Figure 1).