Pattaya: Annoyance caused by Arabs on bikes - police make arrests, seize bikes and go after Thai rental shops

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Fines of 2,000 baht would be levied.

Yeah 2,000 baht fine, that'll deter them hooligans from behaving like chimps on bikes doing stuff they can't do in their own courtiers..., quality tourists i say...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Immigration detention centre + asap deportation + mark passports NO ENTRY FOR UMPTEEN YEARS.

Idiots nearly killed me a few times when I first emigrated here, driving like complete brain-dead morons. Eastern Europeans not much better.

• Like 2

I have heard that Arabs can lose a hand for stealing, and lose their heads for serious crimes,

so I am assuming that they are blowing off steam in Thailand. I agree that they should be sent back to their countries

and banned from Thailand for 5 years or so to let them know they cannot ignore laws.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Ekkaphop said that action was being taken against the Thai bike shops that rented the vehicles for not checking riders' credentials.

Fines of 2,000 baht would be levied. 

Close the shop... end of problem.

Other shops would take more notice.

Deport bike offenders.

Stop sodding around with petty fines that do nothing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This was a bold move by the BiB. From what I understand, these Arabs, even the "poor" ones, have a lot of clout. I'd bet my bottom 25 satang that the BiB were pushed into this action to save face.

They have no clout... zero

round them up and deport them

what can they do?

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

They have no clout... zero

round them up and deport them

what can they do?

I must admit I have been surprised by so many posts claiming these Kuwaiti brats somehow carry a lot of clout. Rather a small unimportant country.... Having worked there I can understand why the kids let their hair down when they get here, 

• Like 1