Daft things your Mrs believes in?

proton

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It would be interesting to have a similar thread written by our wives. What crazy things to farangs believe? 

Mine has 2 degrees, she still thinks there is a pee bob in her village and that when her uncle told her he saw the village witch change into a cow it really happened ????

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My Mrs told me the headboard side of the bed (or maybe our heads) cannot be on the side of the bathroom

Yep. 

Not just the bathroom, your head/bedhead must be pointing in a certain direction, it's bad luck.......... apparently ????

Now I understand where all my bad luck has come from.

Oh well, if it wasn't for Bad Luck, I'd have no luck at all ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It would be interesting to have a similar thread written by our wives. What crazy things to farangs believe? 

Don't need the Thai women to give input. 

I've got a fair idea of what foreigners here in Thailand believe in, just by reading the AN articles, threads, comments and replies, strange lot for sure. 

• Like 1

My missus turns the car aircon off prior to parking up and not switching it back on until the car is running again. I ask her why but says she can't remember but someone told her to do it. She also believes in placing a red effigy outside the house keeps ghosts away.

PS. Not my house but an example.

DSC00214.JPG

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Perhaps he doesn't know, keep quiet about it, he may have a balcony......????

His opened a restaurant worse the than buying an MG.

Tried saying hello but I just get blanked, his Mrs is OK though maybe she told him I said his beer price and food prices are too expensive.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

His opened a restaurant worse the than buying an MG.

Tried saying hello but I just get blanked, his Mrs is OK though maybe she told him I said his beer price and food prices are too expensive.

He might just be Hi-So, met a few of those types during my time here.....????..................????

40 minutes ago, transam said:

He might just be Hi-So, met a few of those types during my time here.....????..................????

Very few westerners live in our village where I live, didn't even know he was English until his wife told me. ????

On topic though I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a daft thing to think of to open another restaurant in our village.

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Very few westerners live in our village where I live, didn't even know he was English until his wife told me. ????

On topic though I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a daft thing to think of to open another restaurant in our village.

Not here money, we have seen them come and go anywhere in LOS wiv farangy's cash to squander.......????

• Like 1

She is amongst the 1% of Thais who are Christian. It seems to be a Korean style of Christianity. By the book. So, she believes Christ is the only prophet, and he is the only way to find salvation. 

But, she has alot of amazing qualities, is a really great gal and partner, and has a

huge heart, so I can overlook a small thing like that, especially since it rarely comes up, unless I mention it! 

She also has a fear of ghosts and snakes. But, most Thais do. 

Just a quirk. We all have them. 

• Like 1