Feature: A tourist’s guide to some of the biggest changes in Pattaya for visitors who have not been since before the Covid-19 pandemic

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Haven’t been to Thailand since before the Covid-19 pandemic took place, say before March 2020?

We have you covered here at TPN media. The following article is designed for visitors and tourists, not expats, and is focused on some of the changes in venues, atmosphere, and the town in general since pre Covid. For the ease of use in this article we will call that period PC. AC will be after Covid.

This article isn’t designed to list every single change, business opening, closure, etc. It’s only a general guide for those who haven’t been in a while, not meant to be all inclusive. We also aren’t covering requirements with visa, or covid vaccines etc. To come. This is more focused on Pattaya itself.

We here in Pattaya have already seen many people returning for the first time in two years plus and the number of people returning will only likely increase as we move into Quarter Four and the first high season without strict border entry restrictions since 2019. Let’s begin.

-Road construction may actually be worse now than PC, especially on Second Road. Be aware of potential traffic delays and roadworks. The city blames this on transitioning to a new mayor (see next point) and months of Covid-19 restrictions that saw construction workers locked down in their camps.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/26/feature-a-tourists-guide-to-some-of-the-biggest-changes-in-pattaya-for-visitors-who-have-not-been-since-before-the-covid-19-pandemic/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

They'll be sure to note half the 711's are gone !

Market saturation and being vulnerable in a time of financial downturn. There seems to be one every 50m on Arunothai still!

• Like 1

Sukhumvit road (Pattaya's main artery) is still semi-impassable since before Covid.  Roll-on deodorants are now 500% more expensive than in UK. New packs of wild dogs have proliferated.  It is rumoured the town is soon to get a police force.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

It is rumoured the town is soon to get a police force.

I heard another rumor. They have already people who are called police.

And they spend a lot of time in places collecting money so that later they can pretend not to see those places.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Denim said:

And this year sandals are out !

image.png.a2076c71d3a0cba3e4fe9cf6a58a5187.png

You Shouldnt Be Wearing Sandals Closed Toe Shoes GIF - You Shouldnt Be  Wearing Sandals Closed Toe Shoes Protection - Discover & Share GIFs

The World has moved on !

Sandals were good enough for Jesus, so good enough for me!..... What? you're telling me he wore cross trainers?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 12:49 AM, jacko45k said:

Market saturation and being vulnerable in a time of financial downturn. There seems to be one every 50m on Arunothai still!

It was the lack of high end Chinese tourists buying Mama noodles in the 7/11's that saw most of them have to close.  ????

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Beach Rd, surrounded by bars, or 2nd Rd which is all dug up?

Soi 15 is other side of 2nd road behind avenue.

I arrived 11 Jan, they started digging up soi 15 on 13 Jan, after 4 months of burying plastic pipes I couldn't handle it anymore so left. 

Why didn't they do that during covid shutdown rather than starting when they re-opened the country. Reading on here I see soi 15 is still being dug up more than 7 months later ???? 

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Soi 15 is other side of 2nd road behind avenue.

I arrived 11 Jan, they started digging up soi 15 on 13 Jan, after 4 months of burying plastic pipes I couldn't handle it anymore so left. 

Why didn't they do that during covid shutdown rather than starting when they re-opened the country. Reading on here I see soi 15 is still being dug up more than 7 months later ???? 

There is more than one soi 15, but I know where you mean now. Runs from 2nd, behind Avenue to Buakhao. It has been a mess for a long time..... they were making a mess round the corner before they got to you! It will take a good while longer yet, as they will put in drains to Buakhao.... currently at the back of Areca....a motorcycle and passengers ended up in a hole there recently. 

• Like 1