Scammed on Lazada. No refund.

LALes

Just a scam but not Lazada fault.

The seller knows the buyer is expecting a parcel to be delivered, the size, weight, price.

So he sends a parcel via a different courier company matching those specs.

Very inventive , 

Can't see how Lazada can stop people running this scam for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'd say over half the Casio G-Shocks on Lazada are fake. A dead giveway is that they're under 1k baht, while real ones are 3k+. They are shameless listings with Casio logos, shields, and "100% genuine". They go through the trouble of photoing fake boxes, manuals, and even fake CMG stickers implying they came through the Central group. If you look closely you'll see the fonts are a bit strange and the printing is sloppy. Lazada does nothing about them.

• Like 2

Sorry you've been ripped off, but not at all my experiences with Lazada refunds. I have found their customer service excellent and refunds quick and easy. We even asked for return shipping reimbursement for a damaged TV, which they granted. 

• Like 2

The ruling that you can not open the package before the money is paid is fraught with problems .

I just buy items that are under 1000 baht with Lazada .

I use Lazada a great deal as it saves going into shops trying to explain what you want and the told mai me

15 hours ago, johncat1 said:

My biggest gripe with COD deliveries is I am not allowed to open the package to make sure my order is correct. I could be signing for a box of rubbish or even an empty box.   

Why should the driver give you the item, that he is responsible for, before you've paid him?   If you disapproved of the item why would you expect him to return to his depot (returns are not a facility offered by the drivers) with the opened box and no money?

" I could be signing for a box of rubbish or even an empty box".

That's why the sites all offer a returns service.   

15 hours ago, fdsa said:
19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you will even have a witness if something is wrong with the product.

and they might assist you with returning the shipment.

They won't, delivery drivers make deliveries, they do not offer a returns service if you change your mind.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LALes said:
21 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

How do you know lazada leaked you info ?

How else does a 3rd party get a hold of my order information?  Probably the seller working in cahoots with a scam buddy.

"Probably the seller [i.e. not Lazada] working in cahoots with a scam buddy".   

5 hours ago, Venom said:

Lazada customer service is notorious. Only order COD and carefully check the contents of the package before paying. 

"...check the contents of the package before paying". 

Cash On Delivery does not work like that, the clue is in the name, on delivery hand over the cash.  Then the item is yours and you can open it.

Lazada drivers are not permitted to hand over the package for opening before the payment is made.

Lazada's customer service is generally excellent.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

Why don't you give the full details of how your order progressed? Everyone is having to guess what exactly happened.

The seller was local or overseas?

You placed your order COD and clicked the confirm tab in the sellers chat page?

Your order showed on your account page as to pack?

Did the seller pack the item and hand it to the delivery partner? If so who which delivery partner was it?

Did the item progress through first mile, last mile and out for delivery? 

When did the delivery take place? Before the item was logged as shipped?

The OP only wants to report the parts of the process that he wants to disclose for his rant that almost every other poster disagrees with, hence the apparent holes in the story and no desire to fill them with clear specifics!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have had few issues with Lazada over the years. Have gotten refunds a few times. 

If it is a higher price item:

1. Never order from China. 

2. Only order from sellers with good feedback and good ratings. 

3. Use a credit card from a foreign bank, where you are able to contest the charge. 

4. Buyer beware. If it is too good a deal, it is likely fake. 

5. Always insist on inspecting before paying. If the courier won't allow it, refuse the shipment. 

It is survival of the fittest out there, these days. Alot of fraud, fake stuff and scams. Natural selection rules. Protect thyself. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have had few issues with Lazada over the years. Have gotten refunds a few times. 

3. Use a credit card from a foreign bank, where you are able to contest the charge. 

5. Always insist on inspecting before paying. If the courier won't allow it, refuse the shipment. 

It is survival of the fittest out there, these days. Alot of fraud, fake stuff and scams. Natural selection rules. Protect thyself. 

I have had quite a few things from China that I could not get here, or were waaay cheaper.

I have had no problem with Lazada refunds regarding Chinese returns, I always pay COD....:stoner:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They won't, delivery drivers make deliveries, they do not offer a returns service if you change your mind.

I'm wondering for a item you've purchased which is high risk i.e. expensive, limited reviews and seller info, maybe offering the driver a 100 baht so you can check the package first might work

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Agree with 1 to 4, but....

Nr 5, how can the poor courier prove that the reciever didn’t fiddle with the item, or swiftly changed it for an identical item that’s shot?

The courier comes back to base with an opened package, and no paymant. A perfect setup for fraud... Courier and reciever could be brothers in scams????

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 11:25 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you expect from Lazada?

Should they look in every package which will be delivered?

Lazada is a service for bringing buyers together with sellers. And they handle the payment.

Box is sent, box is received. That is about as far as what Lazada can initially do.

If there was any fraud going on then go to the police - as you did.

And before any of this: Look at the seller. Does he have a good rating? Does he have a rating at all? How many people bought that item already? Any good or bad reviews?

And last but not least: Is the price too good to be true? If you want to buy a phone which cost normally i.e. 10k then don't expect to buy to for 8k.

Until now I bought likely more than 100 things on Lazada, probably more. I think I only got one time delivery of a wrong item, and that issue was solved quickly.

IMHO Lazada does in general a good job.

Thats been my  experience over the years sought three refunds using the online system

on two occasions payment re credited within 24 hours

• Like 1

Ahoy there!

I wanted to get a chest o' treasures from me local store.

In the shop, a man 'idin' in the aisles, called me o'er secretively, an' in a whisper suggested I buy the item off 'is mate instead o' from the shop directly. 'e murmured that there 'e would make things easier. 

'is mate been outside the shop. 'e glanced around an' asked fer cash. I wanted to pay in cash so I been really pleased that there 'e made this here offer. I been told to come aft the next day an' meet another mate o' 'is in a backalley.

Unbelievably I been given a fake item. I asked the shop that there I met the scurvy dog in fer a refund, but they 'ad no idea who I been.

Turned out they was just a bunch o' gentlemen o' fortune.

• Haha 1

maybe a lot of you have misunderstood what has happened here

cant be arsed to read every post on the thread but here goes

I dont think the buyer agreed to purchase outside of lazada, it was just a well polished scam,

the seller ships a parcel, same size and weight and price as the item sold via the official lazada site.

the buyer signs and pays thinking it is the official item from the lazada seller.

its slick and actually makes me proud, first sign of any intelligence demonstrated by a Thai that I've seen in 12 years of living here. Just a shame its dishonest.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...check the contents of the package before paying". 

Cash On Delivery does not work like that, the clue is in the name, on delivery hand over the cash.  Then the item is yours and you can open it.

Lazada drivers are not permitted to hand over the package for opening before the payment is made.

Lazada's customer service is generally excellent.

Lazada driver? Never seen one in our area, here they are mostly using flash or Kerry. So I can't comment.  

Why don't they allow you to inspect the goods before paying? 

On 8/30/2022 at 10:50 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

There's something not right about this OP. 

Based on my experience of a number of refund requests (all successful), problems with purchases on Lazada and requests to return for a refund are always dealt with without any issue.  What reason would there be for Lazada to act the way the OP claims if his refund request is legitimate or he's not providing the full story?  It does not make any sense.

Not all refund requests are accepted at all. My own personal experience. I provided clear undesputable evidence and lazada still rejected. 

So what evidence? Vendor advertised max lenght 195 cm for a rain suit, oh good, I order and get a rainsuit where the factory clearly state max size 190 cm (I'm over 190 cm). I scanned both of them side by side, vendor of course rejected, I appealed and lazada rejected. 

That lazada returns are always dealt with without any issue is simply not true, just your good luck. Please share some with me. 

Anyone wants rainsuit shorts? 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Why don't they allow you to inspect the goods before paying? 

because if you open the package and then refuse to accept it then the driver will be forced to pay for the goods.

• Thanks 1