Schoolboy needs surgery after being forced by teacher to stand and sit 200 times

webfact

7 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not speaking to the punishment issue but I question the need for surgery for muscle inflammation. Infection also questionable. Sure it probably is inflamed but surgery is pretty serious for inflammation. 200 timesto sit  and stand is hardly severe exercise, especially for an active teen 

The synovium, is connective tissue that lines the inside of the joint capsule. it's a joint capsule, or articular capsule. It is a bubble-like structure that surrounds joints such as the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot and ankle. If inflamed it can be removed by surgery.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jonclark said:

The teacher gave him this punishment for being late to class. It is a proven fact that physical punishment does not improve learning outcomes and that should be a teachers main concern. Punishing a student for attending a class late is the worst thing any teacher can do as the punishment, especiallu in this case probably distracted the whole class from learning and wasted many teaching and learning minutes as the teacher oversaw and focused on the delivery of the punishment. 

A better response would have been for the student to return at the end of the day and complete or catch up on any missed learning and thereby improve learning outcomes - which is a teachers job. 

physical punishment is only accepted in Thailand as I wrote before. Other things not... no sweeping schoolyards, no keep student in the class and not coming back or even write rules...believe me. I was 20 years a teacher here

Edited by ikke1959
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

The synovium, is connective tissue that lines the inside of the joint capsule. it's a joint capsule, or articular capsule. It is a bubble-like structure that surrounds joints such as the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot and ankle. If inflamed it can be removed by surgery.

Or treated with medication. As I said I would question the need for surgery as the first line of treatment.  Not saying there is no issue just the quick jump to surgery. Without more detail no one knows the true issue with your suggestion only a possibility. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Some things are being blowed up.....Students are good , teachers are bad... why not more about the boys behavior?? How many times warned?? Why did the teacher give this punishment??  too less information. Believe me students are real assho... sometimes and some even always

Punishment??  You mean Torture don't you??       Peace

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Kid would get millions for this abuse in the USA

More likely.........the kid would tell him to go <deleted> up a rope, or come back with a gun and shoot him, then get Millions with no jail time. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

physical punishment is only accepted in Thailand as I wrote before. Other things not... no sweeping schoolyards, no keep student in the class and not coming back or even write rules...believe me. I was 20 years a teacher here

Likewise a teacher here for over 20 years and I disagree with everything you have written about what is accepted or not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1