"Drunk" Brit pensioner, 70, reverses into Thais killing one injuring one - then damages 4 vehicles before overturning

webfact

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

When the facts are proven he should face exactly the same degree of penalty a Thai would in similar circumstances.

Hope they don’t treat him like the Red-bull guy ????

• Like 2

I'd guess he was one of those who perpetually accuses Thai people of being bad drivers....... just typical expat behaviour.

Have they retained his name? - he'll need a lot of cash to buy his way round the law and out of the papers.

Edited by Thunglom

30 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Would this Brit have done the same in the UK?  Seems many here choose to drink drive because 'everyone' does it.  But don't consider potential consequences. 

Running over people then driving off is the epitomy of being a complete lowlife.  Drunken fool.  Prison, huge fines, massive compensation claims and deportation.  

hopefully he stays in prison long enough he wont need deportation 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Would this Brit have done the same in the UK?  Seems many here choose to drink drive because 'everyone' does it.  But don't consider potential consequences. 

Running over people then driving off is the epitomy of being a complete lowlife.  Drunken fool.  Prison, huge fines, massive compensation claims and deportation.  

another blot on the law abiding X pats that live here ..casts us as being the same as people like this in the eyes of the thais..We are not  but i can understand their feeling when they read stuff like this

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Still feel the need to talk about Thai behavior, pathetic.

I wonder if his nationality would have been mentioned if he was Thai? It is also reported that locals said that "he was a habitual drunkard who would drive in the wrong lane and that local people were fed up with his behavior." So why didn't they report it to the police? Or maybe the police were too busy to investigate? ???? 

P.S. In many cases it would merely have said "Drunk" foreigner......." but Brits are always named as such. 

However, I am not defending his atrocious behaviour in any way - he deserves the maximum penalty possible for this crime, which hopefully he will get in this country - in some countries the "bleeding hearts" would be saying that obviously he needs help!!!  

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

When the facts are proven he should face exactly the same degree of penalty a Thai would in similar circumstances. 

In this case: IF proven drunk and not suffering a ‘health episode’ etc.. then the book should be thrown at him, as it should anyone, of any nationality for their criminally deadly behaviour.

Does the Thai have the book thrown at them.... or is that only for foreigners..... hardly the exact same penalty as a Thai.

45 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

70 years old!!!!

LOS really attracts a group of people, the undesirables if you will.

I tried to tell Thais that falangs in Thailand were the worst of the worst.

I'm here, so that wasn't helping my situation.    

This is why falangs are here....drinking, more drinking and more drinking while thinking they are above the law 

LOS for this guy just became his worst nightmare

Name and shame forever, plus 10 million to the families and a public apology from the embassy!!!

I've seen a drunk falang on a motor powered vehicle about every week for the last six years.   They think this is their playground, and lives are lost.  

"I've seen a drunk falang on a motor powered vehicle about every week for the last six years." 

It obviously concerns you, but have you reported this fact to the RTP? And have you followed it up by asking what is being done about it? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

That they're here on visas labeled Non-Immigrant kinda shows you're wrong. 

A profoundly unintelligent reply - eyone knows what is says on you visa - that is not the internationally recognised definition of "immigrant" - if you live in a country long-term you are an immigrant regardless of what iit says on your passport - how about refugees, alum seekers - migrate means to move  immigrant means to move in-simples...

3 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

A profoundly unintelligent reply - eyone knows what is says on you visa - that is not the internationally recognised definition of "immigrant" - if you live in a country long-term you are an immigrant regardless of what iit says on your passport - how about refugees, alum seekers - migrate means to move  immigrant means to move in-simples...

non-immigrant aliens stay here on 12 month extensions of stay. A 12 month permission of stay on a non-immigrant visa does not make one an immigrant. ???? 

11 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

People don't get <deleted> up, drive a vehicle in your little corner of utopia ?

If there was a drunk causing that much mayhem up here it would be the topic of conversation 'til about xmas. Sure people get a bit deleted up here and drive around I know I do but not as much as this idiot.

1 hour ago, aussienam said:

He wouldn't have been able to become an "habitual drunk driver" as he'd have been locked up long ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

another blot on the law abiding X pats that live here ..casts us as being the same as people like this in the eyes of the thais..We are not  but i can understand their feeling when they read stuff like this

In fact, exactly the same thing happens in his home country. A tiny minority of immigrants behave badly and a whole tranche of people blame all the country's ills on immigrants.

• Like 1