One person killed, three seriously injured after sedan tried to beat train at crossing in Chonburi

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: ที่นี่ดอนเมือง-ชลบุรี

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Mueang district, Chonburi — A driver was killed and three passengers were seriously injured when their sedan collided with a train in Chonburi while trying to outrun it before crossing a railway intersection.

A shocking incident took place early this morning, September 9th, when Pol. Lt. Surachaiyot Chuaykaew from the Don Hua Lo police station responded to a fatal accident involving a black Honda Civic sedan and a train in the Don Hua Lo subdistrict of Mueang district, Chonburi.

At around 3.30 a.m., the unidentified female victim aged about 35-years-old was found dead outside of her sedan wreckage beside a railway. Police and rescue workers then found another three victims (two men and one woman) stuck in the car, all were above 35-years-old and sustained serious injuries, so they were hurried to Chonburi Hospital for emergency aid.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/09/one-person-killed-three-seriously-injured-after-sedan-tried-to-beat-train-at-crossing-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

A country boy from Dixie told me this one:

what's a redneck's last words?

"Hey y'all, watch this!"

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

At around 3.30 a.m., the unidentified female victim aged about 35-years-old was found dead outside of her sedan wreckage beside a railway. Police and rescue workers then found another three victims (two men and one woman) stuck in the car, all were above 35-years-old and sustained serious injuries

Maybe a way of ending a family argument once and for all?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know this is in bad taste for the deceased but... Crazy woman! From linked article:

Mr. Tu Maneewan, a station master and a witness, told associated Thai media, “The train was coming, so I dropped the barrier in advance. I saw a black sedan waiting behind another car.”

The officer carried on, “Then the sedan suddenly overtook that car, crashed through the barrier, and tried to outrun the train.” The sedan, however, failed miserably and got hit by the train in the middle and was dragged over 500 meters.”

Was that a suicide or attempt to end it for all in the car?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I know this is in bad taste for the deceased but... Crazy woman! From linked article:

Mr. Tu Maneewan, a station master and a witness, told associated Thai media, “The train was coming, so I dropped the barrier in advance. I saw a black sedan waiting behind another car.”

The officer carried on, “Then the sedan suddenly overtook that car, crashed through the barrier, and tried to outrun the train.” The sedan, however, failed miserably and got hit by the train in the middle and was dragged over 500 meters.”

Was that a suicide or attempt to end it for all in the car?

Maybe she didn't like the colour of her car and wanted an excuse to buy a new one.

• Like 1

Interviewing the victims, not interrogating them is the right verbiage.  Asking questions instead of being accusatory.  My experience is that an Interrogation takes the shape of cross questioning and the role of the person asking questions is different from the role of an interviewer. Often interrogation take place in a lopsided condition where the interrogator looks like an aggressor and the suspect finds him in a desperate situation.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Interviewing the victims, not interrogating them is the right verbiage.  Asking questions instead of being accusatory.  My experience is that an Interrogation takes the shape of cross questioning and the role of the person asking questions is different from the role of an interviewer. Often interrogation take place in a lopsided condition where the interrogator looks like an aggressor and the suspect finds him in a desperate situation.

Solly sir. Thai writer not unnerstan Inglit good as you.

In this life, as Darwin attested, there are certain qualities required for survival and insurance of a long and healthy life. Patience, intelligence, vision and skill are amongst those qualities. 

Rule #1. Never try to outrun an incoming train. Very, very basic stuff. For most people, it is a simple instinct. Unfortunately, not for all. 

Rule #2. Never drive with a maniacal person who tries to outrun trains. Better to walk. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Some people should not be allowed to drive and if this woman was dicing with death by train it's probably not the her first time doing stupid things on the road but this time she paid dearly for it...

Some? The majority as evidenced by my daily experiences. 

8 hours ago, Wiggy said:

The sedan tried to beat the train? I guess it it accelerated all by itself. It’s time the headlines changed to indicate it’s the driver was at fault (if applicable). 

Careful. Defamation,. The family of the deceased might press charges. 

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

Killed herself and destroyed 3 lives to save 20 seconds. No doubt <deleted> as a newt.

It's just like at traffic lights in Thailand, the reason so many drivers jump the red light is because in most cases they know if they stop, they are, in their eyes, in for a long wait. In traffic lights outside of city boundaries. When it is not busy, you can often see small amounts of traffic in three or four directions all just sitting there waiting for the green light.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And then there's the RTP style interview...