Disgraced Prince Andrew heckled at Queen Elizabeth’s funeral procession

Scott

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Once again you are trying to use language to divert from the real issue. Any protest against one of your groups is "hate speech", yet any protest aginst groups you dislike is "freedom of expression".

I don't have groups, and despite your attempts to deny it, my meaning was perfectly clear.

No diversion, just exposing it...

Edited by Bluespunk

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

There is a time and a place for everything.

Heckling a man who is attending his mother's funeral is an incredibly low thing to do.

Besides, the money grabber Guiffre was of legal age when she claims to have had consenual sex with Andrew for money, and herself admitted to help traffick other girls for sexual purposes. 

1. You seem to be legally unqualified to speak in his royal nonces defence. And he still had to pay in more ways than one, in spite of the best defence money can buy!

2. Anyone else would be in jail and NOT ALLOWED to be at their mothers funeral to begin with. If he had any shame or decency, he would have stayed away, and paid his respects after hours. 

3. Unlike bees, The Queen is not in any way biologically above the rest of us, they are all where they are because we accept them being there, when all the BS is stripped away, it's really all there is to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Addressing each point in turn.

1.   I am not sure why you refer to Andrew as a 'nonce' when he hasn't even been accused of doing anything untoward with underage girls, let alone convicted of such a crime.

2.  In jail for what crime? Having paid, consensual sex with someone of legal age? It would appear that it is YOUR legal credentials that are somewhat lacking.

3.  Given the laws here in Thailand, I would be very careful if I were you.

Maybe you didn't see the video of him and his own daughter at the gates of Balmoral? If that's appropriate and 'accidental' given everything known and in front of the world press, you're in denial.

Guiffres win and Maxwell's jail time is NOT indicative of consensual sex.

More fawning royalist denial from you.

Members of HM forces even wrote to the Queen in protest. 

What has a widely known unjust and highly abused Thai law got to do with this thread? Is that a threat?

If it is, try harder. 

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

Maybe you didn't see the video of him and his own daughter at the gates of Balmoral? If that's appropriate and 'accidental' given everything known and in front of the world press, you're in denial.

Guiffres win and Maxwell's jail time is NOT indicative of consensual sex.

More fawning royalist denial from you.

Members of HM forces even wrote to the Queen in protest. 

What has a widely known unjust and highly abused Thai law got to do with this thread? Is that a threat?

If it is, try harder. 

I think you have a kinky mind, chap, looking for something that isn't there.

Plus, I suppose you NEVER fooled around wiv girlies when you were younger.........:whistling:......................................????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Addressing each point in turn.

1.   I am not sure why you refer to Andrew as a 'nonce' when he hasn't even been accused of doing anything untoward with underage girls, let alone convicted of such a crime.

2.  In jail for what crime? Having paid, consensual sex with someone of legal age? It would appear that it is YOUR legal credentials that are somewhat lacking.

3.  Given the laws here in Thailand, I would be very careful if I were you.

He was accused, refer my post above with link to court filing (an accusation placed before the court).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, the UK is not "getting like here", protesting is permitted in the UK, just as free speech is.  Those who were arrested in the UK were initially arrested for public order offences, not for protesting or having an opinion.

It is very difficult to protest now..and will get harder if the government get it's way.   If people are protesting and the police consider it is upsetting people, now they can make arrears and stop the protest. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So What?

quote "Members of HM forces even wrote to the Queen in protest." 

Please tell all of us exactly how many of all the millions of serving and ex-service men and women actually wrote to the Queen in protest?

Then compare that to all the ex-servicemen and women who willingly renewed their oath of allegiance to the new King.

I certainly did.

Why? What do you think he will do for you?  Do you think he cares about you or give you a second though? 

21 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Why? What do you think he will do for you?  Do you think he cares about you or give you a second though? 

He will do nothing for me. I just like pinning people down when they post trash and ask them why. 9 times out of 10 they have no reply, or it is only my opinion.

But their opinion does not speak for me, nor does it speak for other people even though they believe it does.

Edited by billd766
Bad punctuation
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I'd say removed for his own protection. 

Is there any evidence that he was actually arrested????

From the vdo posted after that post: he was apparently lucky the cops "rescued" him. He'd have been really done if the cop hadn't moved him on.

I'll refrain from describing him on here, but it wouldn't be complimentary.

It wasn't just one shout- he was apparently ranting on and upsetting everyone around him that were there to pay respects to the Queen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, transam said:

I think you have a kinky mind, chap, looking for something that isn't there.

Plus, I suppose you NEVER fooled around wiv girlies when you were younger.........:whistling:......................................????

You are IMO being charitable. I'd have mentioned something about gutters.

Given certain elements of the press's desire to muck rake, anything, even innocent, that looked suspicious would be all over the headlines in large type.

I take it that that was not so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

It is very difficult to protest now..and will get harder if the government get it's way.   If people are protesting and the police consider it is upsetting people, now they can make arrears and stop the protest. 

Was he arrested? Is there a court case?

Looked to me like he was just being moved on for his own safety.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Once again you are trying to use language to divert from the real issue. Any protest against one of your groups is "hate speech", yet any protest aginst groups you dislike is "freedom of expression".

Exactly.

When some have no where to go and yet still want to save face, yelling “hate speech!” is too often the last act of desperation.

Veer too close to totally dismantling their positions, and instinctive cries of (pick one or more) racism / transphobia / islamophobia etc come gushing out.

At the same time: guy heckling during a funeral procession - not hateful at all. Nope.

Sometimes, you just have to feel sorry for them and move. Instinctive defense mechanism at this point.

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I support freedom where it is not using/promoting hate or deliberately spreading harmful lies and misinformation.

But you have a difference of opinion that does not involve harm to others, I’ll gladly debate it, as I often do.

That aside the current government has enacted laws and is moving to enact more laws that severely restrict the right to protest and freedom of expression.

That’s a threat that is currently underway.

What are the relevant enacted laws by the current government and what are being reviewed for enactment?

Regards the OP I assume the man was arrested / removed for disrupting an Official Government Event. So far as I know nothing incorrect with the response.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1