Joe Biden’s latest gaffe plays right into Republicans’ hands

Scott

P20210303AS-1901-cropped.jpg

President Joe Biden once called himself a “gaffe machine” – and his latest slip-up is a whopper.

Speaking at the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health on Wednesday, Biden tried to acknowledge the presence of Rep. Jackie Walorski – despite the fact that the Indiana Republican had died in a car accident in early August.

“Jackie, are you here? Where’s Jackie?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/28/politics/joe-biden-jackie-walorski-comment-analysis/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Please, the excuses are getting thinner and thinner. There was a memorial service for the deceased member at the SAME event just moments before the President made his remarks. And still he couldnt remember.  

This is a deeply disturbing sign that is beyond a mere "gaffe". Forgetting that people are dead is one of the sure signs of Alzheimer's.  This has nothing to do with faulty notes or bad research.  A member of congress dying tragically a month before is something that should not require notes.  The President asking, "isnt she supposed to be here" is a sign that this is no mere "oops".

It’s not ‘deeply disturbing’.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I take on board all that you have said, however every time he commits one of these gaffes, and this one was particularly grim, it can cause people to doubt the ability of their leader and indeed the state of the Democrats.

I don't believe this can continue if the country is to have faith in its leader and the more gaffes he delivers, the worse this will become, so for the sake of the US, and indeed the rest of the world, something has to be done, as the thought of the dumb orange liar reclaiming the "throne" is truly frightening.

I think most people know that Biden has a long history of gaffes and even blunders even as Vice President. However those missteps rarely impacted his ability to perform. I think this is important as he has done quite well in major issues. But I do agree with you that he is now the President and his gaffes are now viewed more by the general public and will hurt his image. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ullman said:

You wanna mention Trump, let ask why deep state led by Biden's weaponized DOJ & FBI are  actively trying everything possible to destroy Trump if he got beat so bad in 2020 election?

"deep state led by Biden's weaponized DOJ & FBI"........................Oh dear, you still believe in this rubbish, so there's really no hope for you, but I may come over to your side if you can give me the address of the pizza parlour in which the demonic/Satanist Democrats are drinking children's blood!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I take on board all that you have said, however every time he commits one of these gaffes, and this one was particularly grim, it can cause people to doubt the ability of their leader and indeed the state of the Democrats.

I don't believe this can continue if the country is to have faith in its leader and the more gaffes he delivers, the worse this will become, so for the sake of the US, and indeed the rest of the world, something has to be done, as the thought of the dumb orange liar reclaiming the "throne" is truly frightening.

But for the off topic anti Trump bit at the end I'd have given that post a thumbs up.

This is no longer a partisan issue, but the safety of the free world at stake, IMO.

What is troublesome is that he hasn't yet said ( to my knowledge ) that he won't be standing in '24.

If he does, hopefully he'll lose at the primaries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I think most people know that Biden has a long history of gaffes and even blunders even as Vice President. However those missteps rarely impacted his ability to perform. I think this is important as he has done quite well in major issues.

True about doing well in major issues, and I particularly liked this latest one, the intro of which I have copied here: –This year, the American people won and Big Pharma lost.....

Biden Hits Republicans, Drug Companies in Healthcare Speech
WASHINGTON -- President Biden struck an unusually combative tone on Tuesday during a speech about healthcare costs, criticizing Republicans for trimming a bill to lower insulin costs and for wanting to sunset federal laws every 5 years, something he suggested could endanger Medicare and Social Security.
"If you're on Medicare and you have diabetes, the cost of insulin will be capped at $35 a month per prescription," Biden said during a speech in the White House Rose Garden. He was referring to one of the provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act recently passed by Congress.

And much more...................

https://www.medpagetoday.com/publichealthpolicy/washington-watch/100939

Edited by xylophone

7 minutes ago, ullman said:

does anyone here doubt that?

Yes.

Me and possibly millions of other people, but I can only speak for myself, as you can only speak for yourself.

Trump is in a world of trouble legally, apart from the current investigation, and if anybody believes that it does not hurt his chances of re election, then they are definitely a hard core Trump supporter.

2 hours ago, Screaming said:

I think it's obvious to both parties that Biden is cognitively impaired. I also wonder about his side kick Harris. Some of her word salad makes absolutely no sense. Next in line is Pelosi. What horrible alternatives. It is no wonder Putin has taken the gamble to take over Ukraine. 

Pelosi is only in line in the sense that IF Biden and Harris BOTH died. Highly unlikely. 

There are several democratic contenders other than Harris ready to run if Biden doesn't run.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pelosi is only in line in the sense that Biden and Harris died.

There are several democratic contenders other than Harris if Biden doesn't run.

Yes, but Harris will tear the Democratic Party apart in her lust for the top job.  She is the epitome of entitlement and I guarantee she would put up a massive fight.  The internal dynamics would tear the Democratic Party apart. She is obviously incompetent and shallow and not terribly bright, yet.... she is a woman and BIPOC.  God forbid that a white man dares to run against her. 

• Like 2