Thailand fully reopens from 1 October 2022

webfact

15 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

What you define as 'a lot' will be a tinny % to the amount of people that still continue to wear them tho, right?

Therefore you're comparing apples to oranges.

Only time will tell, only time will tell.

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

Not before time. Bit late to save this year but looking up for 2023.

Yeah - About effin' time. I guess they figure they can't get away with strong arm tactics, to restrict people's liberties too long. Many other places like Bali still haven't let go of they Peduli apps and all the other.... What a bloody pain. Two and a half years on and still restrictions. Unbelievable !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, edogthong said:

Yes, we do! And I'm very proud to be one of them. I bet you wish that you were included in that group too. Be honest: Knowing what you know now, would you have gotten injected at all?

I am in highly vulnerable group due to cancer so Yes I would have.

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

Wow 45 days. I am just gonna spray my shorts!

Meanwhile i am in India with my 5 year visa good till Oct 2024 for only $150. Swimming and surfing are great in Kerala  btw,

Yeah.

But th local talent is ugly! ????

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

You're wrong.

That was easy, was it a test?

Way to soon my friend, way to soon........get back to me after high season has been a wash and Thailands tourist industry again is in need of a tourist transfusion.  Until then it is time to have another coffee with my Bailey's and Kahlua, yes I start early, wait it is 5 O'Clock somewhere right?

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Way to soon my friend, way to soon........get back to me after high season has been a wash and Thailands tourist industry again is in need of a tourist transfusion.  Until then it is time to have another coffee with my Bailey's and Kahlua, yes I start early, wait it is 5 O'Clock somewhere right?

Are you suggesting that Covid will be ripe again throughout high season and effect the tourist industry, seriously?

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Even though it is not mandatory, still, 99% of Thais and visitors wear masks everywhere, it's like you get the berating looks if you don't wear one, when is this going to stop i 

Why do antimaskers worry about people wearing a mask?

We can choose to limit exposure to not get infected or to not care about infecting others. Pity that the latter group is mainly farangs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

".....................abide by health and safety standards."

What a great way to finish a statement by TAT!

Maybe they should mention that to certain Thai business owners as well!!!

Edited by sambum
Disembolden text!
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, saakura said:

I just returned from a visit to the Central Rama 3 and Big-C on Rama 4 Road in Bangkok. Almost everyone was wearing a mask. I would venture to say over 95%

But you are in BKK and nobody wants to be the first to change.

• Thumbs Up 1

Two anti-masking posts with unsourced and unsubstantiated claims have been removed, along with a disallowed private party social media post.

Please see the forum's rule:

"18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source."

The biggest threat to long haul tourism now is Putin  !  Countries economies all over the world are suffering. The EU, US, UK, are having huge problems because of this maniac. While the summer season has been fantastic all over the EU  ( better than pre Covid)  the economic future is looking bleak. I’m quite  sure everyone who reads the news is aware.  In EU flights are full all over October , especially with its school half terms hols. I tried flights to UK to visit family, either full or astronomical prices, then I tried Rome and  Venice, same thing. People are just staying close to home and have booked in advance. Less expensive, easier, and uncomplicated holidays are the thing now.

I doubt very much that international tourists to Thailand will be coming in their masses until the Russia Ukraine tragic problem is solved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So you think it's about fear.....why not about it being about personal beliefs that they are protecting themselves and others. Maybe they wish to be as cautious as can be. Sorry that it does ies not fit in your conspiracy driven agenda...

If it bothers you to see mask wearing then maybe you should stay home yourself. Looks like everyone is getting on with there lives even if they may be wearing a mask.

Mask-wearers wear said masks to try and protect themselves only in my opinion, I've got a feeling anyone who says they wear they wear a mask to protect others is a liar.

2 minutes ago, Ty Hareways said:

Mask-wearers wear said masks to try and protect themselves only in my opinion, I've got a feeling anyone who says they wear they wear a mask to protect others is a liar.

Guess wearing a mask when I am sneezing and coughing does not protect others.....hmmmm. Tell me I am wrong.....go ahead and then do some research.  Why do you think before the pandemic that if you were sick many doctors offices had you wear a mask or sit in a completely different room, well at least in the US.  Was it because they did not want those germs you were hacking up and out did not possibly infect others?    

8 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

This single news report and statement from one health official is the only evidence of what you term a mandate.

I'm not confident this mandate actually exists and there's plenty of government messaging clearly stating masks are not mandated, by the government, anywhere in Thailand.

Regardless,  from now on you'll see a steady decrease in mask wearing in Thailand. 

Personally I'll continue to wear a mask until Thais stop wearing them. It doesn't bother me in the slightest even though I am asthmatic.

• Thumbs Up 1

On what may be the Thai government's last day of publicly reporting daily COVID stats, the government reported that for Friday, Sept. 30:

--Thailand had 839 new hospitalizations for the prior 24-hour period associated with COVID (dark orange part of the graphic below). (These days, they only count new daily COVID cases as those that involve new hospitalizations).

--Thailand had 9 new deaths associated with COVID (ages 54 - 86), bringing the year's total to 11,066. (black portion of the graphic)

--Thailand had 4,333 total patients hospitalized with COVID, including 480 in serious condition, and 263 of those requiring mechanical intubation in order to breath. (light blue portion of the graphic)

1616972175_2022-09-30THCOVIDrecap.jpg.f13be3b67b88435a6142d84407d57d50.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106142991004034/655372496081078/?type=3

The above numbers for COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths in Thailand are a lot better than they were earlier in the year. But it's pretty hard to look at the above stats and come to the conclusion that COVID is "over" in Thailand.

Perhaps that's why the government doesn't plan to continue publicly reporting them any longer....  Seeing and understanding those stats every day, assuming you can understand their Thai language graphics, kind of messes up the new narrative.

Especially since the last time they reported on actual all daily positive COVID tests some weeks back, not just those involving hospitalizations, they were running more than 30,000 per day.

August 19, 2022

"COVID-19 infections in 44 of Thailand’s provinces, including Bangkok, have been increasing, with an average rate of 31,148 cases a day between August 7th and 13th, according to Spokesman for the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-infections-on-the-rise-in-44-provinces-over-30000-new-cases-a-day/

PS - English translation of the above graphic stats:

Screenshot_2.jpg.c7c02a993b95712f71524bc1addc9097.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darrenr said:

I don’t know why they don’t keep the 45 day visa exemption? A lot of Latin America countries have 90 day visa on arrival up to a max of 186 days per year ! Would do away with a lot of red tape !

Silly rule makers. 90 days be great.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

Even though it is not mandatory, still, 99% of Thais and visitors wear masks everywhere, it's like you get the berating looks if you don't wear one, when is this going to stop i wonder?

"99% of Thais ..... wear masks everywhere"

Yeah, that's what we see in our local ampheu city. 99% of the people on motorcycles wear a mask, which is totally stupid how on earth can you catch the virus in free open air, especially when going at speed? At the same time, 90% of the same people do not wear a helmet. Go figure!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

At the same time, 90% of the same people do not wear a helmet. Go figure!

Perhaps if the Thai government put the same degree of attention and effort into fighting road deaths here as they have COVID over the past couple years, more Thai motorcycle riders would be wearing helmets.

It's not an either or proposition. Ideally, they'd be pushing safety on BOTH issues.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

Even though it is not mandatory, still, 99% of Thais and visitors wear masks everywhere, it's like you get the berating looks if you don't wear one, when is this going to stop i wonder?

Bloke, sadly that is spot on.

It all goes back to primary school and being conditioned.

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still a mask mandate in place on public transport and in theatres, and where else they wish you to wear one like Government offices.  Your just ignoring it if you believe there is still no mandate in place.  

Friday’s News-Sept 30 | Hua Hin Expat News

Masks rule to stay for public transport, cinemas

Wearing face masks on public transport and in cinemas is still mandatory, the Department of Health said.  Covid-19 will be eased from a dangerous communicable disease to a communicable disease under surveillance on Saturday, as re-stated on Thursday by Dr. Aekkachai Piansriwatchara, a deputy director of the Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health.  The department held a press conference on sanitation and environmental health standards after the reclassification of the virus.

Bloke, it is not a mandate.

Stop telling us it is.

I went BTS 30 Sep.

Lots not wearing or chin guards.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed.

I remember reading that wearing a mask does not really  protect the wearer at all -  it prevents the wearer from passing on germs if he/she is infected, and is coughing and sneezing into the mask rather than infect people close by.

• Like 1