House January 6 committee votes to subpoena Trump during Thursday’s hearing

Scott

Capitol riot hearings: Eight key moments - BBC News

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, US Capitol attack voted to subpoena former President Donald Trump for documents and testimony during a public hearing Thursday.

The move is a significant escalation by the panel that will set up a showdown with the former President.

It is not expected that Trump will comply with the subpoena, but the action serves as a way for the committee to set down a marker and show that it wants information directly from Trump as the panel investigates the attack.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/13/politics/subpoena-trump-january-6-committee/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

And  the expected reply from Trump ????

"The Unselect Committee knowingly failed to examine the massive voter fraud which took place during the 2020 Presidential Election — The reason for what took place on January 6th," Trump posted on Truth Social.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/jan-6-committee-subpoena-trump-defiance

• Haha 1

Trump's response to Jan 6 Committee 

Though he doesn't say he will appear or not.

In his 14-page response, he gets all of his old grievances off his chest for his apologists' sake.

I suggest that he has no need to attend now, as he knows that he would have no credibility while under oath, and it would only be the usual 440 iterations of him taking the 5th.

He states that the election was "rigged and stolen" even though at least three of his staff had witnessed him saying that he really had accepted that Biden had won the election.

I love his knock off POTUS letter head.

READ IN FULL: Trump's response to Jan. 6 committee's subpoena vote | Washington Examiner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Trump's response to Jan 6 Committee 

Though he doesn't say he will appear or not.

In his 14-page response, he gets all of his old grievances off his chest for his apologists' sake.

I suggest that he has no need to attend now, as he knows that he would have no credibility while under oath, and it would only be the usual 440 iterations of him taking the 5th.

He states that the election was "rigged and stolen" even though at least three of his staff had witnessed him saying that he really had accepted that Biden had won the election.

I love his knock off POTUS letter head.

READ IN FULL: Trump's response to Jan. 6 committee's subpoena vote | Washington Examiner

In particular if he is confronted with this testimony:

The President was fired up about the Supreme Court decision,” Hutchinson said. “The President said … something to the effect of, ‘I don’t want people to know we lost, Mark. This is embarrassing. Figure it out. We need to figure it out. I don’t want people to know that we lost.’”

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/jan-6-hearing-livestream-10-13-2022/index.html

• Like 2

I hope he does go. If he does IMO he'll either take the fifth on everything which will make it look silly, or he'll go in on the attack and turn the proceedings into a circus. I certainly hope it's the latter.

Very entertaining.

Either way, I suspect the committee will regret bringing him in.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope he does go. If he does IMO he'll either take the fifth on everything which will make it look silly, or he'll go in on the attack and turn the proceedings into a circus. I certainly hope it's the latter.

Very entertaining.

Either way, I suspect the committee will regret bringing him in.

He won't go (or will take the five) because he won't accept to testify under oath and be caught lying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

He wants someone else to find election fraud because he can't (there wasn't any of significance) and he calls people who attacked the Capitol while Congress was in session confirming a legitimate election "patriots".

The man is a threat to democracy in the US, as is everyone who supports him.

IMO when he brought in that goon squad (Sidney Powell, Pillowman et al) I think he dangled a tempting carrot in front of them, maybe something like "whoever turns this around and keeps me in office gets a billion bucks" and thus ensued something on the level of the movie "It's a Mad Mad Mad World"  combined with "The Thick of It."

Powell is going to do some orange jumpsuit time for that crank call to the Pentagon about the CIA chief being kidnapped.

Oh, and rotsa ruck collecting that billion if they did succeed.

• Like 1