TAT to foreign tourists: “Pay for a pool villa in Phuket instead of paying the energy bills”

webfact

39 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Darn, is that a prediction of Inflation for next year ?

Pretty good in my opinion; my duck eggs have gone from 50 baht for ten to 65 baht for ten. There is some maths that say that 50 to 65 is right about 30%.

Yup.  Inflation here does not go percentile.

It goes 20% or more.

Maths does not rate at school.

40 baht noodles becomes 50 baht....simples.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Yuthasak said that Thailand expects to see the tourists spend an average of 30 percent more per trip next year.

Probably bull, but could actually be true - The average tourist may well now not be able to come due to recessions, oil costs, etc. This will leave only the super rich, who may well spend 30% more. I do not think thailand will get more money.

• Like 1

With inflation in the UK at 10%, a good proportion of that being energy/ fertilizer inflation feeding through to food and drinks costs, becoming a snowbird or even an Expat is attractive.... If flight costs permit it! (Better move quick before the oil protesters stop people flying anywhere!). 

Most Expats will admit that cost of living is a serious factor for being here.... I am one of them. 

• Like 2

Just now, proton said:

I'd rather stay home with the bills than get ripped off in Phuket, ghastly place.

Some of the bills one gets back in he West are also rather a rip-off. Plenty of alternatives around Thailand....I suspect it will not last though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

What a load of old twaddle! ????

She’s only just come in and yet she threatens the world? ????

Labourite, much? Leave the politics out if it chum. This is Thailand and I, for one, agree with TAT on this one. Have a month off from the grind and enjoy life!

Yes, being a citizen of a responsible and free democratic nation can be a drag and sometime requires patriotic sacrifices.

Take a break and vacation where sustainability of democracy is not a personal concern.

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Do they really hope to attract the kind of tourist who would struggle to keep their home heated back home?

Not struggle, simply those who would also live meagre lives by turning on that heating. I think there is likely a sector of people who have sufficient funds to live here... and immediately be living a better standard of living. I compare Pattaya to Blackpool or Rhyl, no contest. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2