6 months to live what would you do?

Sparktrader

22 minutes ago, proton said:

Kill myself, why put up with another 6 months of this <deleted>?

Its a choice we all have, just dont jump off anything or hang yourself in a long rope outside the building structure handcuffed. 

A few valium, ductape and a plastic bag do a good job without leaving a mess behind you. 

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

There's no correct answer, different strokes for different folks.

Im not sure chasing ladies would be on top of my list even if I was single. Depending on the illness of course, but I am positive I would not die alone even I was single. 

I believe I would have topped up those 10k with a huge bank loan on my real estate back home, since no time wasting waiting for they would sell. Spent what I needed, and wife could  Keep whats left behind. 

8 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Ok you have 6 months to live, budget is $10,000us what do you do with your time? Where do you go?

I'd jump on the next plane to somewhere sunny, hot and dry - Phuket sucks at the moment, but I'd come straight back once the rains finally stop.

1 minute ago, London Lowf said:

I'd jump on the next plane to somewhere sunny, hot and dry - Phuket sucks at the moment, but I'd come straight back once the rains finally stop.

It's stopping in 6 months and 1 week.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I often wonder how all those people that live to be over 100 feel. They may still have family, but looking back, must have lost all their friends through life.

I am 80% sure my memory will be so bad that if I live to be over 100, I'll remember 1975 but forget what I did during the last 40-years.   I heard it's not genetic, so I guess there's a chance I might remember things; however, I'm already forgetting quite a bit.  555.    If it is genetic, I'm doomed for sure.

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

I am 80% sure my memory will be so bad that if I live to be over 100, I'll remember 1975 but forget what I did during the last 40-years.   I heard it's not genetic, so I guess there's a chance I might remember things; however, I'm already forgetting quite a bit.  555.    If it is genetic, I'm doomed for sure.

Worrying unnecessarily! No males in my family (Grandfathers, father and uncles) lived beyond 72. The good part is that none of them suffered senile dementia/Alzheimers Disease. 

I'm 65.

Since 20 years old I have always lived as though I only had 6 months left. Not a good philosophy for getting rich but excellent for enjoying life and planet earth.

The catalyst for me was seeing my father die at 60 after working hard for a comfortable retirement in Spain playing golf. He never made it. So I decided to grab life by the scruff of the neck and squeeze it for all the happiness I could because you dont know when you are going to die .

Now I've got recurring skin cancer that might or might not do for me in the future.

So for me what to do is easy. Stick with the wonderful woman I finally met after trying on about 250 that didn't fit. Our plan is if we get ill to do a final road trip with a crate of top wine and staying at the best hotels. When we get to the last bottle find a nice cliff with a beautiful sunset, finish the bottle and drive over the edge. I will procure a hand grenade with the pin pulled just in case we end up in a tree full of monkeys having an orgy.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Denim said:

I'm 65.

Since 20 years old I have always lived as though I only had 6 months left. Not a good philosophy for getting rich but excellent for enjoying life and planet earth.

The catalyst for me was seeing my father die at 60 after working hard for a comfortable retirement in Spain playing golf. He never made it. So I decided to grab life by the scruff of the neck and squeeze it for all the happiness I could because you dont know when you are going to die .

Now I've got recurring skin cancer that might or might not do for me in the future.

So for me what to do is easy. Stick with the wonderful woman I finally met after trying on about 250 that didn't fit. Our plan is if we get ill to do a final road trip with a crate of top wine and staying at the best hotels. When we get to the last bottle find a nice cliff with a beautiful sunset, finish the bottle and drive over the edge. I will procure a hand grenade with the pin pulled just in case we end up in a tree full of monkeys having an orgy.

You got it. I dont have cancer. I will live longer. The idea though is to plan 6 months each year doing fun stuff that wont break the bank.

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Rain will stop in 8 days time i predict.

Today was forecast dry by "the experts" - it wasn't!

My own fault - I shouldn't let my mood be so heavily influenced by the weather but it's the way I am. Hence the over-riding desire to spend my final days in the warm sunshine on a beach somewhere. Everything else is secondary to that.

2 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Today was forecast dry by "the experts" - it wasn't!

My own fault - I shouldn't let my mood be so heavily influenced by the weather but it's the way I am. Hence the over-riding desire to spend my final days in the warm sunshine on a beach somewhere. Everything else is secondary to that.

Im not an expert. I predict 8 days it will be sunny.

4 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I'm a beach bum by day and a barfly by night - the only time I (reluctantly) go into Phuket Town is for visa extensions.

I'm not a foodie - it's 8pm here and all I've had today is two of your Weetbix!

Gee, u like Phuket beaches? Patong looked terrible 2 months ago.

I will ask the locals there.

1 hour ago, NONG CHOK said:

If I had 6 months to live I'm not sure how I'd spend my final days. I'm more certain how I'd spend my time if I was reincarnated, I would certainly be a Soi 6 ladys bike seat.

What so special about soi 6 ladies? Never been to soi 6, but it have been a repeated thing everwhere about soi 6, b I really did not get it. Soi 6 is the most dirty soi in Pattaya, and ony the most kinky dirty minds go there? Right or wrong? 

26 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Post your top 2 activities. Dont attack other people.

Be with my wife and eat my wife’s food ? Is that acknowledged as two activities? 

I drive motorbikes, fishing and several other outdoor activities, but if only 6 months left, I would skipped that and stayed as long as possible at our farm in the prime time, and then moved to a apartment  or hotel room at the ???? . 

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What so special about soi 6 ladies? Never been to soi 6, but it have been a repeated thing everwhere about soi 6, b I really did not get it. Soi 6 is the most dirty soi in Pattaya, and ony the most kinky dirty minds go there? Right or wrong? 

I went to Pattaya 16 years ago. The women looked ugly.

47 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Gee, u like Phuket beaches? Patong looked terrible 2 months ago.

I will ask the locals there.

No point cleaning the beaches off-season with the wind and rain and no tourists - another few weeks and they will all be pristine and kept that way every day.

Having said that, I would rather look at a bedraggled beach than any city any day of the year. Some folk on here drone on about Bangkok being a must-see destination for any tourist but to me it's just one big transit area.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stoner said:

this thread should of been called how to edge on AN members for 3 pages. 

get to the point already.

Not to disappoint, IFIFY....

This thread should have been called "How to edge on AN members for 3 pages". 

Get to the point already.