More than 1 million Malaysian Tourists holidayed in Thailand so far in 2022

webfact

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Oh please, cut to the chase, how many squillion baht did they spend?

A bazillion baht gained. Many came for the beaches and the temples before buying boxes of mama and heading home.....what a joke.  How many from Cambodia visited, or Mysnmar or even Laos. Do Malaysians have more money? That's the question.

7 hours ago, 2baht said:

Oh please, cut to the chase, how many squillion baht did they spend?

Unlike the 2 week millionaires who spend most of their time sitting on barstools nursing 50 baht beers, male Malaysian FITs tend to book out expensive karaoke rooms drinking XO or Royal Salute, sitting with coyote girls that charge 1,000 baht per hour just for company. These girls are not interested in ST unless you are willing to pay 10k per shot.

That’s why you won’t see many farangs in these history environments but lots of Asians.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

O 1 million tourists on this picture??? no wonder the figures are so high

7 hours ago, Boyn said:

is that all of them in the same hotel?

This picture is most likely that of an incentive group. They typically number from 200 to 500, stay for about 3-5 days. They generally stay in 4 star hotels that charges around 2,000 - 3,000 baht per night (group discount. Rack rates are usually double that).

During their stay, they benefit a lot of ground service providers such as guides, coach companies, Thai restaurants and of course the main shopping malls as well as lots of other vendors.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Unlike in the past, Malaysian tourists no longer remain solely in Hat Yai City during their holiday in Thailand.

LOL. Apparently Malaysian men used to come to Hat Yai to party.

I wonder if 1 million refers to 1 million different people, or less that visit multiple times.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And what have they got here that they do not have in Malaysia.....?

Is that sarcasm, or you really have never been to Malaysia?

And to answer another poster earlier, yes Malaysians have more money than Thais (aboput 50% more per capita income) and way more than Laos or Myanmar.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Is that sarcasm, or you really have never been to Malaysia?

And to answer another poster earlier, yes Malaysians have more money than Thais (aboput 50% more per capita income) and way more than Laos or Myanmar.

I have not really spent time in Malaysia other than Penang, and transit trips to Bali... but it was a tongue in cheek comment. You quoted me and answered another poster.....???

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And what have they got here that they do not have in Malaysia.....?

Cheap toiletries judging by the loads of shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste I see them filling shopping trollies with at Big C here in Hat Yai.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Cheap toiletries judging by the loads of shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste I see them filling shopping trollies with at Big C here in Hat Yai.

Darn...must be pricey in KL.. I have shaving gel and disposable razors brought out for me from UK!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 11:31 AM, jacko45k said:

Darn...must be pricey in KL

Big-C Extra I almost had to fight my way to get to shampoo today; Head & Shoulders 410ml twin pack for Bht199 had Malaysians swarming. 

• Haha 1