Thai teenager dressed up as “Jeffrey Dahmer” for Halloween harshly criticized on social media

snoop1130

6 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Popular in some circles

spacer.png

He's just a sentimental lad, honoring the memory of his late uncle King Edward VIII.

7 hours ago, blueCloud888 said:

but, but,  why is Mussolini always left behind in such occasions ? ????

Most Thais are too skinny to pull that one off.

Part of Halloween is about mocking the things we fear.  Murderers, cannibals, and things that most of us don't even believe in.  Spite the devil.

My scariest Halloween incident was when living in a US suburb, shovelling out candy to the kids who rang the doorbell.  At one point I opened the door and there were two girls, about ten years old.  One of them was wearing some very shear, non-opaque cloth.  All I could think of was "get this nearly naked kid away from my house!"  I was so shaken I dropped the candy bucket.  After they were gone and I calmed down I realized that was her self-made costume of the princess from the cartoon-movie Aladdin, very popular at the time.  The girl was olive-skinned, so I guessed she was seeking a character who she resembled.  Very creative. 

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Well, it would be too common to go out dressed as Hitler with all the Hitler T-shirts and swastika stuff sold at most markets here in Thailand. 

Funny how some things strike sensitive nerves here and other things don't.

Outing a swastika online for any reason causes outrage and condemnation here in Australia. There's always someone who lost a relative or more. Thais don't have the same reason to fear the presence of a swastika. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Well, it would be too common to go out dressed as Hitler with all the Hitler T-shirts and swastika stuff sold at most markets here in Thailand. 

Funny how some things strike sensitive nerves here and other things don't.

A lot of brash clothes worn here, the owners have no clue as to what is printed on them.

Just another example of how Asians completely misunderstand Halloween. No, it's not "let's all dress in happy PC costumes" day, and it's certainly not "let's all dress as slutty as we can and take photos" day - though I have to say I approve of the latter, even if it isn't what Halloween is about. ????