Thai Cabinet might reportedly reject Interior Ministry’s foreign land ownership proposal

snoop1130

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Land for foreign high flyers plan to be axed by cabinet as new 10-year visa draws mild response

For me I think that there are not too many people with that kind off money are silly enough to waste their money in Los.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a bunch of nonsense.  These guys are just trying to get headlines on a thing that would of never been passed.

If these political people wanted to make a difference and actually do some work and put billions of dollars back into the coffers and help the Thai people they would go after the illegal land bought on a daily biassed here in Thailand.

When is the last time you heard a headline like:

Thai government seizes 10,000 homes and property set up by illegal company's .

Thai government seizes 100,000 rai of property bought by women living with foreigners with no work history.

Thai government seizes 1000's rai and businesses in the name of juvenile's with foreign fathers  

And this is in the open and done daily here?

Edited by Gknrd

It is a good idea just to scrap this Pie in the sky dream from the present folks who are trying to flog it.

As usual, only applies to the total rich, and I know a few who have shares in a resort, and get a room for free for 3 or 4

weeks per year. Most rich do not desire to be in any tropical country for the whole year.

Just my opinion on this fantasy idea.

2 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

What a bunch of nonsense.  These guys are just trying to get headlines on a thing that would of never been passed.

If there political people wanted to make a difference and actually do some work and put billions of dollars back into the coffers and help the Thai people they would go after the illegal land bought on a daily biassed here in Thailand.

When is the last time you heard a headline like:

Thai government seizes 10,000 homes and property set up by illegal company's .

Thai government seizes 100,000 rai of property bought by women living with foreigners with no work history.

Thai government seizes 1000's rai and businesses in the name of juvenile's with foreign fathers  

And this is in the open and sone daily here?

In each of your examples the real estate element is still owned by Thai people, albeit there is a distant indirect link to a foreigner. Thai companies require a majority of Thai shareholders, women who live with foreigners and have never worked are still Thais, and so on. That's very different from a foreigners' name appearing on the chanotte.

Unless you want to go through the (much, much cheaper) process of three juristic Thai entities owning your properties you might want to consider another country. 

They really do not know what to do; who puts 40 (legal) millions for three years not having a clue, where the forex will stand in three years from now? 

21 hours ago, PJPom said:

To be absolutely honest I don’t blame them, keep Thailand for the Thai’s.

Australia has been sold off to overseas investors and certain areas have become exclusively “ foreign “ inhabited, not an ideal situation, extremely divisive.

I agree, when I first moved here 20 years ago I thought it was a terrible law. Now seeing how the prices have skyrocketed in Vancouver because of foreign investment, I fully agree with the Thai policy. Not many first time home buyers will ever be able to buy a home where they were born in Canada. 

Only citizens should be able to buy land in any country IMO

On 11/8/2022 at 12:02 AM, edwinchester said:

There's a huge difference between selling off vast tracts of land and a countries infrastructure to a foreign power and a foreigner who just wants to buy a single rai on which to build his family's home.

yes - save it for the chinese - 

On 11/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, nigelforbes said:

In each of your examples the real estate element is still owned by Thai people, albeit there is a distant indirect link to a foreigner. Thai companies require a majority of Thai shareholders, women who live with foreigners and have never worked are still Thais, and so on. That's very different from a foreigners' name appearing on the chanotte.

I just reread the laws regarding land ownership in Thailand, from condo's on.  Have you read the laws?  Even the condo laws are absolutely horrible. Best of luck to anyone here who goes this route.