APEC 22: Immigration announce results of crackdown on foreign illegals ahead of international meet

webfact

“When farang sends its people, they’re not sending their best, They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re <the R word>. And some, I assume, are good people." - build that submarine!

One important thing they did for the World Bank Conference some years ago was to round up all the lady boys who hang out in Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy and other red light districts and tell they would their asses in jail, if they dared come out during the conference.  One thing they were very scared of was that one of the delegates would be found with his throat slit by a ladyboy and his Rolex and gold necklace missing.  Nana without the ladyboy pick pockets and street walkers was bliss.  Pity they couldn't get rid of them permanently.

If these cruds are overstaying and breaking other laws, why can't the BiB arrest them all the year round?

If they can arrest foreigners on Interpol red notices, why can't they put Boss on one and have the murderous jerk arrested overseas and brought back to Thailand in chains?

33 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

So we should suspend civil rights for all transgenders because some of them may have committed crimes in the past? Are there any other groups of people that you feel are not deserving of due process? I find reactionary bigots annoying but even they have rights.

What woke you?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Apec 22 and foreigners have NOTHING to do with each other. Useless chest thumping.

My thoughts exactly.  Some random foreigners on overstay are no threat whatsoever to the security of the meeting or the general safe running of Thailand.

I imagine it has something to do with all the Thai criminals they rounded up.  They wanted to show that foreigners are criminals too.

• Like 2

Well done Thailand, once again you prove your xenophobic attitude to foreign nationals. Cracking down on foreign illegals ahead of an international event, why not do your job everyday. We all agree that foreigners who break laws should be punished accordingly. If the Immigration Police made more effort to chase these foreigners down as and when they do break laws then there wouldn't be a need for special crack downs before APEC conferences.

How about a crackdown on brown shirted RTP criminals, there are plenty to choose from, based on recent media reports. Then Thailand can show case to the world how corrupt the police force here is.

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

We all agree that foreigners who break laws should be punished accordingly

Speak for yourself! I certainly don't agree with that. Many Thai laws are completely insane and others you are forced to break if you don't want to end up in even bigger trouble. Try refusing to pay a bribe because you want to follow the law and see what happens. 

• Like 2