Heavy rain wreaks havoc in Pattaya, damages tourists’ vehicles

snoop1130

55-696x392.jpg

Pattaya residents and tourists had to endure floods that damaged their property and vehicles in many areas after heavy rain wreaked the city yesterday.

A downpour struck most parts of Pattaya at 2 PM and lasted for more than an hour on Monday, The Pattaya News’s reporters reported. The low areas, such as the road along the railway, Soi Khao Talo, Soi Wat Tham Samakhi, and Khao Talo Road, were flooded, with the water level ranging from 30 cm to 1 m.

A foreign tourist’s car stuck on the railway road was half submerged, forcing the male tourist to flee his vehicle through a car window. Pattaya city workers helped tow his car to a garage for repair after the rain stopped.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/15/heavy-rain-wreaks-havoc-in-pattaya-damages-tourists-vehicles/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Have you never experienced a hard heavy monsoonal downpour ?

You are asking someone, who just wants to complain about everything for the sake of complaining, to actually apply logic and reason to their baseless argument.

Edited by shdmn

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Do insurance companies here insure vehicles for floods? Surely they wouldn't, as it floors all the time and lots of vehicles always gets flood damage. It would cost insurance companies a fortune.

Every year I renew my policy I try to read the cover, and lose interest half way down the page.... ! Most probably only have the compulsory insurance, which certainly doesn't. 

Might be covered under home insurance. 

Edited by jacko45k

15 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Do insurance companies here insure vehicles for floods? Surely they wouldn't, as it floors all the time and lots of vehicles always gets flood damage. It would cost insurance companies a fortune.

1st class on all my vehicles has them covered for flood damage.

not sure how tat works cause Iam sure they will ask footage to see if I drove into the water on purpose.

Edited by Ralf001