Former President Donald Trump files to run in 2024

Scott

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is going to happen next ?

Its gone awfully quiet .

It would be very convenient for them if it took them years and years and years to read all the documents and bring about a persecution case 

It would be very convenient for Trump, but that’s not how any of this works.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is going to happen next ?

Its gone awfully quiet .

It would be very convenient for them if it took them years and years and years to read all the documents and bring about a persecution case 

I said earlier somewhere that I thought the Feds would wait till Herschel lost since they had waited this long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Indeed. trump would surely order/try to order the use of the full force of all pertinent US government agencies against anyone who's damaged his oh-so-frail ego, thereby completing the transition of the US to a banana republic that he started during his "presidency".

Cheered on by all his ‘democracy defending’ supporters.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I said earlier somewhere that I thought the Feds would wait till Herschel lost since they had waited this long.

I know that I am thinking outside the box here , could even be entering right-wing conspiracy theorist nut job category , but just say that the investigators didn't find any documents of any significance and nothing worthy of a prosecution or anything . If the seized documents were of no significance 

How would the investigators then proceed ?

Would thy make an announcement or drag the investigations on for as long as possible to avoid having to Admit that they were wrong ?

37 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Funny, I hear that Trump is running again and all I can think is GAG!

I am sure McDonald's will have a new burger for the Donald, it will be the McGagme burger.  All lettuce no meat stuffed with lies crushed into a I'm Allright Jack burger.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am trying to imagine what would happen if America lost its marbles, and returned Trump. Given his reputation for vindictiveness, IMO it would make the Nazi Night of the Long Knives look like a genteel tea party.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And trump would have if he could have. Does "lock her up" ring a bell?

That was just part of his entertainment and his showmanship , he didn't raid Clintons home actually looking for material trying to get her locked up .

Do you agree that Political opponents should be jailed and thus unable to be  political opponent ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

You imply that the DOJ/FBI's investigation of Trump is politically motivated. I do not.

But I do believe law breakers should be investigated, prosecuted and jailed if convicted. Do you agree?

Nope I disagree .

People should be investigated FIRST , before they are labelled as being "law breakers" .

Should be " Investigated > Prosecuted> Law breaker >Jailed 

People should be investigated and prosecuted BEFORE they are labelled as being law breakers .