Noisy neighbors in Thailand? This might happen if you complain

webfact

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Central Pattaya - I just walked past a bar where they're having a party tonight - like almost every week. Speakers have just been installed. 3 meter high towers right next to the area where guests are supposed to sit. I don't think anyone can stand that noise and usually almost no one is sitting in this bar when they are having a party. But somehow the don't get the message... Can anyone explain to me their logic? 

"It goes to eleven"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritScot said:

It depends where you live in the uk. The police are right when they said "contact the council" the council has the power to have people evicted for noise crimes and bad behaviour.  Where I live the local police would definatly attend but many police in the uk are so busy arresting people for saying things on twitter or Facebook that someone takes offence to.

Quite right about where you live in the UK. My next door neighbour's house was empty as she was away for the weekend and the burglar alarm went off at about 2 a.m., so I phoned the Police. Their reaction? "Can you check and see if there is any signs of a break in, or see if there are any intruders?" I replied "Is that not your job?" (I wasn't about to put my health at risk!) and put the phone down. As I had given them the address, they attended the scene about 2 hours later to switch off the alarm, by which time any "intruders" will have been long gone!  

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Central Pattaya - I just walked past a bar where they're having a party tonight - like almost every week. Speakers have just been installed. 3 meter high towers right next to the area where guests are supposed to sit. I don't think anyone can stand that noise and usually almost no one is sitting in this bar when they are having a party. But somehow the don't get the message... Can anyone explain to me their logic? 

ahhh!  no

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

If you complain about noise to the cops in the UK you can get a similar response. "Nuffin to do wiv us guv, better call the council"????

Won't do anything until it has "escalated".????

"call us from the hospital......"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1