Fifa Threatens To Cut Off Live World Cup Broadcast Over Infringement

webfact

53 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

FIFA cannot lecture anyone over anything. They are corrupt beyond the boundaries of the imagination. Go Thailand. 

But they can shut the switch off to Thailand

Take their money then switch it off. They’re out thailanding Thailand! ???? 

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The whole FIFA/Quatar/World Cup malarky is about as fake, corrupt and demeaning a performance as it is possible to imagine!

Indeed, and if the players were so concerned about it they'd boycott the bloody thing. But the lure of fame and money is simply to enticing to resist.

• Like 1

Channel 7HD had much better coverage yesterday than True4U which is only in standard definition and looks very pixelated on a reasonably sized TV.

Both channels support English commentary though if you adjust the settings on your TV.

On my TV Channel 7 is actually on channel 35 though which seems a bit odd.

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Time for a mass resignation at FIFA. First, corruptly selecting Qatar, then the human rights issues and now this. Intolerable.

Am I missing something? threatening Thailand for a possible contract breach, does this mean that Qatar will also be denied TV rights for breaking the agreement with Budwiser.   

1 hour ago, tonypattaya said:

It is time for various football associations to leave FIFA and form a new world body.
How can it be fair, one country one vote, which means a banana republic in Africa of, say, 2 million people, having the same say as England, France, US, etc. There has to be a different system.
SACK FIFA!

It could end up like Boxing, WBC, WBA, IBF etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tonypattaya said:

It is time for various football associations to leave FIFA and form a new world body.
How can it be fair, one country one vote, which means a banana republic in Africa of, say, 2 million people, having the same say as England, France, US, etc. There has to be a different system.
SACK FIFA!

That will never happen! FIFA, even after the FBI exposure and arrests....world leaders and the elite, still flock to this group. 

2 hours ago, rtco said:

Has it happened already because there was no footie on True 4U yesterday evening?

If you're a True Move customer, like me, you can get free access to the True Sports channels on the TrueID app for the duration of the World Cup, by registering for "True Unlock". I don't get what it's about, but whatever, football.

Last night I watched Germany vs. Japan on True Sports 2 through my phone. Good quality stream. They apparently worked hard to clean it up since the Saudi Arabia vs. Argentina stream the other day, which was unwatchable.

I then use a USB-C hub with HDMI out to get this stream out to my TV from my phone. In doing so it gives me a stupid message about "External Display Not Allowed", apparently to thwart this "leaking" business. But if I just ignore it and wait a second, the video still goes out to my TV. Bwaha! Take that, FIFA, True, and Qatar. As if they don't already have enough money. Utterly absurd greed.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme

Can someone enlighten me over the query, where that one billion Thai Baht went to which was discussed as official fees allowing broadcasting in Thailand? 

Ah, me idiot, the money got transferred from Thailand but has not arrived at the coffers of FIFA yet, how inconsiderate of me ???? Maybe check the beneficiary of the transfer then? 

54 minutes ago, inactiveposter said:

As for the “cold balls” lottery side note, there are many other examples of attempts at rigging - by weight, texture, magnets, etc. Google “Lottery rigging” and you’ll find plenty to read.

The Thai govt lottery. Last month I think it was, the first 5 digits were exactly the same, 2 draws in a row. A few months back the winning number was the same 6 digits in a row. What are the odds? Rigged.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

FIFA cannot lecture anyone over anything. They are corrupt beyond the boundaries of the imagination. Go Thailand. 

It's not that the matches were being shown outside of Thailand that irks FIFA, it's that they weren't getting paid millions. For FIFA it's no longer about the football, it's only about the money. The top brass at FIFA all suffer from Blatter syndrome.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bobydog said:

But they still got caught out. The problem arises if Thailand is receiving money from the "Leak". Especially with the no refunds in place,, lol.

Of course FIFA want a share of the profits if Thailand are "passing on" the signals to other countries and charging them for it!

It's a bit like the "no sub letting" clause a mate of mine got hit with a few years ago, here in Thailand. He had paid cash up front for a 10 year lease on a bungalow, but he travelled frequently for months at a a time, and every time he went away, he was getting burgled. So he asked me to look after/move in to his property while he was away, and although no cash changed hands, the landlord demanded 5k a month from me, estimated as 25% of the rental value.