window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({article:'auto'}); !function (e, f, u, i) { if (!document.getElementById(i)){ e.async = 1; e.src = u; e.id = i; f.parentNode.insertBefore(e, f); } }(document.createElement('script'), document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0], '//cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/aseannow/loader.js', 'tb_loader_script'); if(window.performance && typeof window.performance.mark == 'function') {window.performance.mark('tbl_ic');} Jump to content

Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

46 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This woman knew that the palace could be easily trolled. Fancy dress? Played the racist card? Hussey was a victim of her own ignorance, that's the full story.

Since she is so obviously a British person, born and bred in Britain, and does not want to answer any questions that could cast any doubt on her undiluted Britishness, then she is not wearing 'fancy dress', she is engaging in what the left term as 'cultural appropriation' and should be called out on it.  

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, James105 said:

Since she is so obviously a British person, born and bred in Britain, and does not want to answer any questions that could cast any doubt on her undiluted Britishness, then she is not wearing 'fancy dress', she is engaging in what the left term as 'cultural appropriation' and should be called out on it.  

Is there something morally reprehensible about a charity director wearing apparel from the most needy continent on the planet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I live in an area where many foreigners come to work., and I've asked some where they come from. I didn't get accused of racism for doing so.

In Thailand when on a baht bus I've asked tourists where they were from and non gave me evasive replies, and none took offense.

Certainly, I don't take offense when asked where I'm from, but I don't have an agenda, and nor have I accused Charles of being mean to Harry's wife.

Bottom line, it's all great publicity for a certain charity.

Where you from? The UK

What part? London

What part of London? Brixton

Where do your family com from? London

But originally? London

I mean your ancestors? I can only trace my family back as far as my great-grandparents. Everyone was borne in London, with the exception of one great-grandmother who was born in Devon.

So your family's from Devon? <deleted>, mate. Give it a rest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just as well I'm not holding my breath waiting for a correction on the falsehood in that post.

Deleted.

Apologies. I replied to you in error.

Edited by RayC
Error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RayC said:

Someone should tell the individuals featured in the first minute of this video that.

https://youtu.be/u_BDG9JtGw8

Here you go

Backs up what I said 

English accents are slowly becoming more southern, study finds

Regional accents across England are slowly fading, and are being replaced nationwide with a more 'southern' way of speaking, according to research.

The accent data was gathered from 30,000 users of the English Dialects app, created in January by Cambridge University academics, and compared to the results of a dialect survey carried out in the 1950s.

People from across the country answered the survey through the app, which asked them to specify how they said certain words like 'scone', and how they referred to certain things, like a 'splinter'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/english-british-accent-dying-out-disappearing-london-a7052461.html

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense 

The right can't believe that not everyone is a team player.

I'd suggest I'm at least descended of as much white anglo saxon protestant stock as anyone. That would likely come as a surprise to some.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are going to attack me best get your facts correct. I didn't say anything about "regional accents"-that was a different poster.

So, you saw black people in Dublin- so what? It doesn't mean I'm lying. I didn't, and I traveled around all of Ireland, not just Dublin and Co Kerry.

Apologies. You're right. I got you mixed up with Mac.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

I'm sure that Mac and I live in the same physical universe. Happy now?

You not heard any regional accents in London, or seen any black people in RoI either?

I was the person who hasn't heard many strong regional accents in London recently, and he was the one who hasn't seen any Black people in Ireland .

I spoke to a Black Irish person recently and I though that She was Nigerian and I asked her when She intends going back to Nigeria , but She'd never been there before

37 minutes ago, James105 said:

You don’t know what cultural appropriation is do you?

Here’s a simple explanation for you…and remember, the U.K. is in theory-though as this story shows not always in practice-a multicultural society

https://www.britannica.com/story/what-is-cultural-appropriation

Edited by Bluespunk
Missing word and added comment on multiculturalism
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I asked her when She intends going back to Nigeria , but She'd never been there before

My then girlfriend started talking to a waitress in a Thai restaurant. Waitress was born in UK and couldn't speak Thai.

I would be interested to see a video with sound of the exchange.

The question "Where are your people from?" could be nice, neutral or nasty depending on the tone.

(I don't know if the old aristocrat said that, just an example).

The fact that the old gal couldn't just move on with the conversation suggests some aggressiveness.

I am guessing that a person who wanted to be a "lady in waiting" is very attached to her aristocratic status.

I doubt very much that she is just a harmless old dear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 9:05 AM, sqwakvfr said:

I'm asked this question almost everyday in LOS.  I am not caucasian so when I say I am from the USA then I get the "where you really from?".  Is that racist?  If so should I be offended and demand racial justice?  

I would say no. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

The question "Where are your people from?" could be nice, neutral or nasty depending on the tone.

The fact that the old gal couldn't just move on with the conversation suggests some aggressiveness.

I am guessing that a person who wanted to be a "lady in waiting" is very attached to her aristocratic status.

I listen to the conversation as questioned and answered by radio presenter. 

My opinion on it is the young black person being questioned by a old lady was being obstructive with her answers which was annoying to an old lady of that age and she should of been gracious enough and intelligent enough to realize what answer was needed.

The black women was after instigating a situation from the opening question if you ask me, and the media witch head hunters are at it again.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

It doesn't make you racist but it does make you either a gossip or liable for slander (unless of course you have hard evidence to prove she is indeed a fraud?)

Slander is defined (Oxford dictionariy) as "a false statement uttered maliciously that damaged a person's reputation"; leaving aside the fact that I wrote it and published it on this forum which arguably would make it libel not slander, all my observations as to how she presented herself are irrefutable and in the public domain.

I expressed an opinion, which you may have found unpalatable - that is hardly gossip!

Ngozi was obviously there in her official capacity, as was Hussey. She was entitled to wear clothing calling attention to the cause she represented.

She answered fully and truthfully when she was asked where she was from. She named the charity.

When asked where her people came from she answered fully and directly, where her charity was based.

Then Hussey went on the attack and made it abundantly clear she was talking about Ngozi's race.

The palace, through Prince William made it abundantly and immediately clear that her line of questioning was racist.

The straw clutching going on here is pathetic.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

So would I. You're right, the tone is important. So is who actually started the conversation, as well as how that dialogue was recalled in such detail and then accepted without question?

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

So would I. You're right the tone is important. So is who actually started the conversation, as well as how that dialogue was recalled in such detail and then accepted without question?

The question was asked out of the blue. Your emphasis on the tone is a deflection.

Just now, ozimoron said:

The question was asked out of the blue. Your emphasis on the tone is a deflection.

Deflection? One of your pet words, no doubt. The effects of this complaint are important to some, so the detail is important. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

She felt traumatised being taught by White teachers (in the U.K) and she runs a charity that isn't open to White people and she accuses others of being racist 

She was entitled to complain about palace racism.

Where's your link to a factual claim?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

She felt traumatised being taught by White teachers (in the U.K) and she runs a charity that isn't open to White people and she accuses others of being racist 

Nice one Hawkeye.

• Thumbs Up 2