Crackdown on illegal immigration - Indian on 974 day overstay nabbed after information from spy

webfact

We can clearly see that the guy lost his gold necklace. Probably never got anything on insurance and couldn´t afford to go home. 

Anyway, now he will get free food and sleeping floor and a possibility to clean toilets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I know you're not German, Gottfrid, but I once "lent" 1000 THB to a German in the immigration detention centre to supposedly help him sort out his problems. He swore he'd return it. Never heard from him again. There are illegal immigrants, Gotters me old mate, and then there are complete cxxxx.

Very relevant to the topic, dude. Why do you lend money to a total stranger? That´s just plain stupid.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Very relevant to the topic, dude. Why do you lend money to a total stranger? That´s just plain stupid.

Ah right, the voice of sanity. It was early days in my visits to Thailand. 1986 to be precise. I was still full of bonhomie and... Well you might have your own word for it. Taking pity on a fellow traveller's plight. Never mind. It'll obviously never happen to you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This appeared to be part of a crackdown on illegal immigration from December 1st to 10th that has seen a raft of stories on ASEAN NOW in the last few days. 

Why do they have crackdowns for a limited time ?

It is like they are telling everybody that we are only bothered a couple of weeks in the year.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

Just tip of the ice burg must be millions on overstays from all over the world in 100s of County's not just Thailand 

No such thing as overstaying in 100's of county's but you could try.

23 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Most likely did it for free,.

It's the Hub of snitches.

Sometimes they find criminals hiding here. In addition there are other questions - how do these people survive so long here? Could be selling drugs or whatever other illegal activity. Not every overstayer is a nice pensioner that forgot to extend his visa. They have to check such people. 

Edited by Mickeymaus