Thailand expects Chinese visitors during Lunar New Year festival

webfact

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Chinese will not come for a while I think, as the crematoria in China hardly can cremate the bodies at the moment. Covid is still in China as many elederly are not vaccinated yet.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/12/15/1143002538/china-appears-to-be-facing-what-could-be-the-world-s-largest-coronavirus-outbrea

Yes it will be a VERY INTERESTING winter that's for sure.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They are back and planning ahead. A house near me, on the market for years, has recently been sold to a Chinese buyer... apparently he plans to level the place and rebuild.... so effectively paid near asking price for the land only. There was Chinese interest picking up pre-Covid and it went away during the pandemic. I suspect they will be buying a lot of property over the next few years.

Agree, I think it is ineveatable at this point. But hardly anything new. I think Thailand will be better off with Chinese people buying up the land here for sure.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They are back and planning ahead. A house near me, on the market for years, has recently been sold to a Chinese buyer... apparently he plans to level the place and rebuild.... so effectively paid near asking price for the land only. There was Chinese interest picking up pre-Covid and it went away during the pandemic. I suspect they will be buying a lot of property over the next few years.

We had Chinese buyers all through covid so they never really dried up but we'll definitely be seeing more of them.   

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

We had Chinese buyers all through covid so they never really dried up but we'll definitely be seeing more of them.   

They were not the Plebs, the unwashed masses - the zero-dollar tourists.

The hiso Chinese have always a nose for a deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Good time to invest in pendants, shrimp and durian.

I was thinking 6' tall poles with flags on top for the tour guides to hold and then red arm bands for the tourists on the tour.  I will only charge them 34 baht, so mine will he the $1 tour. I will even give 1 room for 8 guests and 4 packages of mama noodles with a free coupon for the shrimp buffet all for the liw price of 25k THB per person.....of course they have to pay for their own flights and we will use the baht bus for transport....

• Haha 1