Chinese could flock to "paradise" and "cheap" Thailand 

webfact

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

I did a lot of price comparisons between Thailand and UK back in 2019 before we left Thailand.  From our weekly shop to fuel for my vehicle and vehicle prices. It shocked me that food had become more expensive in Thailand (we shopped in Tops and Big C). When I purchased my first vehicle in Thailand in 2005 "Triton 4x4" it cost the equivalent to £11,500 and in the uk it cost nearly £30k. Then when I replaced it in 2012 vehicles that were manufactured in Thailand had become several thousand pounds more expensive in Thailand than the same vehicle exported to the UK and sold. Even motorbikes used to be cheaper in Thailand but now are more expensive in Thailand than their exports to the UK.

Where I saved money on fuel in the uk compared to Thailand was simple I don't drive a 3lt SUV in the uk (uk 2 cars Rav4 and a Honda jazz). We don't drive as far in the uk for shopping, school and social.

So you're not quite broke (yet).

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So please compare Pattaya or Phuket with Shanghai or Beijing.

Sorry, Busy Bee did it already. Cheers.

I have no desire to live in either Shanghai or Beijing so I have no need to compare.  As an American, I could see myself living in Myrtle Beach--but I'm happy in Pattaya and it's 3 times cheaper.  

16 minutes ago, newnative said:

I have no desire to live in either Shanghai or Beijing so I have no need to compare.  As an American, I could see myself living in Myrtle Beach--but I'm happy in Pattaya and it's 3 times cheaper.  

This thread is about Chinese coming to Thailand because they think it is cheaper to live here.

Where is Myrtle Beach anyway?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't complain about the water.It is just a  comment   and a comparisonthat cheap is not always cheap in Thailand...especially importe products are very expensive... but apparently it hurts you that someone sees these things and you not

You complain about absolutely everything,I can guarantee you'll be on here tomorrow complaining about anything and everything.????????see u tomorrow grumpy boots????????

6 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Cheaper in Thailand for the Chinese.  Maybe if they moved to a  rural village in Thailand.  But not a city.  I’m not talking about real estate.  Just normal expenses. 

Hmm.... Maybe we can sell all that <deleted> land the family owns but Thais will not buy.....

30 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

This thread is about Chinese coming to Thailand because they think it is cheaper to live here.

Where is Myrtle Beach anyway?

Right, and my post was in response to someone claiming Thailand can be more expensive due to a certain brand of water being cheaper in Europe.    Although the main thrust of the thread is focused on Chinese, I don't think it's too off topic to show that other nationalities can find Thailand to be a bargain in comparison, as well.

I tell you in my earlier post that Myrtle Beach is in the USA--probably should have said SC stands for the state of South Carolina.

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

cheap??? hotels are even more expensive than in Paris...last year we bougt a bottle of Ec ian in Paris for 50 eurocent.. that is 18 THB the exact same bottle of water here is 65 THB....and than we don't even talk about wine

How much is a bottle of Red Bull in Paris, or a can of Chang beer?

Of course Thailand is cheaper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newnative said:

I've no idea what Myrtle Beach is like but I know I'd prefer to live there than Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I've no idea what Myrtle Beach is like but I know I'd prefer to live there than Pattaya.

Well, I do know what it's like having vacationed there several times.   It's certainly pleasant and I'm not knocking it.  I, however, prefer Pattaya--for a variety of reasons, none of which involve the nightlife.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, newnative said:

Well, I do know what it's like having vacationed there several times.   It's certainly pleasant and I'm not knocking it.  I, however, prefer Pattaya--for a variety of reasons, none of which involve the nightlife.

If Myrtle Beach had Pattayas nightlife - I would prefer Myrtle Beach . Outside of the "nightlife" options I've about had it with these thais.

Edited by morrobay

Get ready ex-pats!!!!

2022:    4000 baht for room.    8000 baht a month for semi-normal.

2023:   5000 and 10,000

2024:  6000 and 12,000

2030:   14,000 and 25,000

2040:  20,000 and 40,000

China is already looking to buy 10 million properties, scalable to 100 million if possible.  

1 minute ago, itsari said:

I think the Chinese will come to stay in Thailand in ever increasing numbers that will fuel the Thai economy for decades .

They will come for freedom and not for being cheap .

Along with Russians I expect it is going to get quite full here,

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

Get ready ex-pats!!!!

2022:    4000 baht for room.    8000 baht a month for semi-normal.

2023:   5000 and 10,000

2024:  6000 and 12,000

2030:   14,000 and 25,000

2040:  20,000 and 40,000

China is already looking to buy 10 million properties, scalable to 100 million if possible.  

The room I rented in 2009 was 5000bht/month.

The same room is still for rent in 2022 for 5000bht/month.

Not that I have any worries about 2030+, doubt I'll still be here then.

I can't see why the price should suddenly increase, lots of empty rooms.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Friend just tried to book flights to Phuket from California, cheapest fair was 2800 USD. She then tried to find hotels around where she wants to train at and they have nothing available. So just where and how will this be a cheap trip to paradise for the Chinese 

I just flew SFO-BKK, one way, $1000.+ The day after I booked prices were in the $3000.+ range for one way. EVA was $1700. In Sept I made the round trip for $900.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I just flew SFO-BKK, one way, $1000.+ The day after I booked prices were in the $3000.+ range for one way. EVA was $1700. In Sept I made the round trip for $900.

Crazy, between high season prices and the pandemic increased prices, it is making it unaffordable for many. My son is looking g to fly here in September and even those flights are in the $2500 to $3000 price range, and that's cattle class for round trip. Over double what it cost him in 2019, at least he wouldn't need a hotel or have to pay for food this time around....

• Like 1