Many Brits are unsympathetic toward Prince Harry !

Social Media

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a claim that he boasted of killing 25 Afghans followed by Harry’s response and the full context of the quotation to put it back in context :

The Sun:

Harry, 38, writes in his book Spare that killing 25 Taliban fighters in Afghanistan was like “chess pieces taken off the board”.

Wheres the "boast"? When I read the sun excerpt i don't get the impression he is boasting. 

I guess the context regarding the Taliban is that 25 died as a result of the actions of the Spare. That would mean that men women and children probably died as I guess the weapons used could not differentiate between them?

Perhaps the next interviewer could actually ask him some pointed questions as answers seem to be ready prepared, but just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I guess the context regarding the Taliban is that 25 died as a result of the actions of the Spare. That would mean that men women and children probably died as I guess the weapons used could not differentiate between them?

Perhaps the next interviewer could actually ask him some pointed questions as answers seem to be ready prepared, but just my opinion.

Unfounded speculation at best. So all British soldiers who killed people in Afghanistan probably killed women and children? Just my opinion.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nope. From your own link, it makes it clear that partial quotes are only out of context IF

The result that their meaning is not clear or is not understood:

The partial quote you provided did not change the meaning. It was exactly the same meaning as the full quote.

Try again.

So defend out of context quotations with a truncated, and therefore ‘out of context’ quotation:

“If words are used out of context, only a small separate part of what was originally said or written is reported, with the result that their meaning is not clear or is not understood:“

Quit wriggling.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Wheres the "boast"? When I read the sun excerpt i don't get the impression he is boasting. 

That’s something you’ll need to take up with The Sun, here’s the headline again, incase you missed it:

“CAPTAIN DANGER 

Prince Harry has put British troops’ lives in danger by boasting about his 25 Taliban kills, say ex-military chiefs”

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So defend out of context quotations with a truncated, and therefore ‘out of context’ quotation:

“If words are used out of context, only a small separate part of what was originally said or written is reported, with the result that their meaning is not clear or is not understood:“

Quit wriggling.

???? Actually it was you who partially quoted and thus changed the meaning (therefore making it out of context). I simply added the part you missed out.

You said....

Partial quotes are by definition ’Out of context’

That is not true since you selected only half of the definition. I added the part you conveniently and deliberately missed out (from the link you yourself provided) i.e. only when...

the result that their meaning is not clear or is not understood:“

The complete definition you linked to is correct, not the first part in isolation that you selectively chose to quote. In Harry's case, the Sun's partial quotation did not change the meaning, neither did it result in the quote being not understood, therefore by your own definition it was not "Out Of Context".

Quit wriggling, pay special attention to the part of the definition I highlighted (which you deliberately omitted), and try again.

image.png.f92f9e4b29487cb13bb61b4b5cc20805.png

Just now, JonnyF said:

???? Actually it was you who partially quoted and thus changed the meaning (therefore making it out of context). I simply added the part you missed out.

You said....

Partial quotes are by definition ’Out of context’

That is not true since you selected only half of the definition. I added the part you conveniently and deliberately missed out (from the link you yourself provided) i.e. only when...

the result that their meaning is not clear or is not understood:“

The complete definition you linked to is correct, not the first part in isolation that you selectively chose to quote. In Harry's case, the Sun's partial quotation did not change the meaning, neither did it result in the quote being not understood, therefore by your own definition it was not "Out Of Context".

Quit wriggling, pay special attention to the part of the definition I highlighted (which you deliberately omitted), and try again.

image.png.f92f9e4b29487cb13bb61b4b5cc20805.png

Nonsense, I made a statement on a definition and then backed it up with a link to an actual dictionary definition.

My statement was not a quote, partial or otherwise

Give it up already.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nonsense, I made a statement on a definition and then backed it up with a link to an actual dictionary definition.

My statement was not a quote, partial or otherwise

Give it up already.

You quoted half the definition to change the meaning of it. A perfect example of quoting "Out of context".

The Sun partially quoted from the book, but it didn't change the meaning of the full quote. Therefore, it was not out of context.

You disingenuous attempts to blame the media for what Harry said have failed. Own it.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

You quoted half the definition to change the meaning of it. A perfect example of quoting "Out of context".

The Sun partially quoted from the book, but it didn't change the meaning of the full quote. Therefore, it was not out of context.

You disingenuous attempts to blame the media for what Harry said have failed. Own it.

No I did not.

I made a statement about the definition of the term ‘Out of context’ and backed up my system with a link to a dictionary definition of the term ‘Out of context’.

I did not quote anything.

Stop it with your misrepresentation of the posts I have made and the intention of my chosen wording.

Give it up already.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO either he dumps her or she dumps him, eventually, but he's got most to lose. Wonder if he got her to sign a pre nup?

Does he get to stay in the US if when he's divorced?

I saw something the other day that said hid admission of taking cocaine could in theory affect his US visa. I doubt it because of who he is, but you never know.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I did not.

I made a statement about the definition of the term ‘Out of context’ and backed up my system with a link to a dictionary definition of the term ‘Out of context’.

I did not quote anything.

Stop it with your misrepresentation of the posts I have made and the intention of my chosen wording.

Give it up already.

Yawn... You said (and I quote).

"Partial quotes are by definition ’Out of context’".

But that's not true. From your own link, it is made very clear that a partial quote is only out of context if it changes the meaning. The Sun's partial quote didn't change the meaning. You're wrong, admit it.

image.png.1d290f4ea00bf57eb17acf73759895d3.png

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I saw something the other day that said hid admission of taking cocaine could in theory affect his US visa. I doubt it because of who he is, but you never know.

Let's hope not. He might return to the UK.????

He has been incredibly stupid with his admissions though. When Meghan finds her next victim and decides to divorce him, she has all the material required for said divorce in one place, available in bargain bins everywhere for $1.99. Much cheaper than hiring a divorce lawyer.

[quote]

...Harry is becoming a Pariah and it's his own doing,...

[/quote]

Apologies for just quoting this short part of your comment.  IMHO, I think that because Harry is a dim-witted, weak fool, most of the blame for his current situation can be firmly laid at the feet of his neurotic, mentally-disturbed, woke wife.

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Harry and his wife accused "someone" in the Royal Family of having concerns over how dark their child's skin would be i.e. racism

This race thing is getting really stupid.

If you had a ginger mate married to a Lady of Color, shall we say, and she was expecting a baby you'd all be down the pub making bets on what color the kid would be.

Just normal, nothing racist about it.

• Like 1

Harry says 'dangerous lie' told about his book - and claims Taliban remarks were taken out of context

He noted the context in which the reference appeared in the memoir, before saying: "I should say, if I heard anyone boasting about that kind of thing, I would be angry, but it's a lie.

"And hopefully now that the book is out, people will be able to see the context, and it is - it's really troubling and very disturbing that they can get away with it.

"Because they had the context. It wasn't like 'here's just one line' - they had the whole section, they ripped it away and just said 'here it is, he's boasting on this'.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-says-dangerous-lie-told-about-his-book-and-claims-taliban-remarks-were-taken-out-of-context-12784051

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Unfounded speculation at best. So all British soldiers who killed people in Afghanistan probably killed women and children? Just my opinion.

I guess that not all British servicemen in Afghanistan were piloting Apache Gun Ships  but could simply be unfounded speculation. Just my opinion.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:39 AM, ozimoron said:

It started when the current king entered into an extramarital relationship.

Spot on, if he had any honour, loyalty and respect for his wife and not wanted to be Camilla's tampon, history would have turned out rather better for all concerned. He's a disgusting man and not worthy to be king. As for the always cited what about Di then, she did not start the affairs, he did by carrying on with his bit of rough.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

If you had a ginger mate married to a Lady of Color, shall we say, and she was expecting a baby you'd all be down the pub making bets on what color the kid would be.

Exactly. It's like a tall bloke and a short woman. Wondering how tall the child will be. Is that "heightist"? Absolutely ridiculous. It's normal to speculate about the looks of child based on the characteristics of each parent.

The shameful thing is that Harry waited nearly 2 years before saying that it wasn't said in a racist manner. He allowed his family to be deemed racist for almost 2 years. He waited for both grandparents to die before setting the record straight. This coming from the guy who recently said "Silence is betrayal". The guy is an idiot. 

On 1/10/2023 at 5:10 AM, Homburg said:

The writer of "Spare" doesn't seem to understand, Harry has not got the "booby prize", he has hit the jackpot.  Being monarch in the UK is just a chore.  The Monarch has to commit all his/her time but has no power.  Harry on the other hand has the title, has the prestige, the money & the lifestyle and only a very small risk of having to become monarch.  What's not to like? The book shows that the writer does not understand the UK Monarchy.  Harry should certainly understand it, so that suggests someone else really wrote the book.  I wonder who?

Google works for me.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64217330

Yet JR Moehringer is not among the rich, royal and famous who make appearances in Spare, Prince Harry's memoir.

Instead, Mr Moehringer helped him write it.

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Harry says 'dangerous lie' told about his book - and claims Taliban remarks were taken out of context

He noted the context in which the reference appeared in the memoir, before saying: "I should say, if I heard anyone boasting about that kind of thing, I would be angry, but it's a lie.

"And hopefully now that the book is out, people will be able to see the context, and it is - it's really troubling and very disturbing that they can get away with it.

"Because they had the context. It wasn't like 'here's just one line' - they had the whole section, they ripped it away and just said 'here it is, he's boasting on this'.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-says-dangerous-lie-told-about-his-book-and-claims-taliban-remarks-were-taken-out-of-context-12784051

It's always the media's fault, isn't it. 

If he had an ounce of sense he'd had left it out of the book. Now he's realized what he's done he is bricking it, so he's trying to pass on the blame. The fool. 

The worst thing is that he's not only endangered himself, but others. 

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's always the media's fault, isn't it. 

If he had an ounce of sense he'd had left it out of the book. Now he's realized what he's done he is bricking it, so he's trying to pass on the blame. The fool. 

The worst thing is that he's not only endangered himself, but others. 

If "you" say so.............

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Cognitive dissonance at its finest.