Thai public health minister CANCELS Covid vaccine rules

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

...The announcement is made as confusion persists at airports around the world with passengers and check-in staff still believing that Covid vaccination certificates are still required. It may take a few days for today’s news to filter through to Embassy websites, airlines and check in staff...

Good Gracious Lord! Does the Thai Public Health minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, honestly believe that the "airlines and check in staff" take their instruction about the check-in requirements for flights to Thailand from the news media?

There has been no "confusion...at airports around the world". Thailand used standard operating procedure (SOP) to get the vaccination requirement included in the database that check-in staff worldwide consult with a few keyboard taps for each passenger and until the same SOP was used to remove this requirement, it was there for check-in staff to see.

I do not know what the aforementioned SOP exactly is but I have a feeling that it is a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) issued  the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), judging from the following excerpt from this news article

Thailand’s Civil Aviation Authority or CAAT sent an urgent notice tonight, January 8th, 2023, to airlines just hours before major changes to vaccine requirements to Thailand, clarifying that unvaccinated travelers or those without their documentation can fly but must take a test on arrival.

This followed this major change in regulations earlier this weekend that blindsided many travelers and has caused widespread confusion and anger online.

The notice was a NoTAM (Notice to Airmen) sent via CAAT to all airlines. As the notice was sent last minute, however, many details and questions remain. There is also the chance that those flying immediately may have issues and would need to address them with their airline.

• Like 1

I'm from Spain (one of those countries that require a PCR test to Chinese travelers), but not to Thai travelers... only Chinese.

So why they have to require us an insurance if Thailand is not affected from our Policy to Chinese ONLY??

So if I'm working here with S. Security I'm exempt?? Showing my Social Security card or work Permit at the Airport would be fine?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tubulat said:

A Thai and thinking, what do you mean?

Their imbeciles.

I have been on the ground here since June and I am still amazed at their stupidity.

The country supplies me with what i need at a very affordable price compared to the West.

Even the board's usual Thai huggers are stumped to excuse this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone really astonished by this news from the puppet master?
Typical behavior of a clueless person.
Reminds me of our secretary who pushed the "Send" button accidently while writing an email and was doing everything possible and impossible to stop the email, not realizing that at that time it was not possible to stop an email once you pressed the "Send" button.
To be fair, there soo much headless monkeys in the Government that they make the Muppet show ridiculous.

Flap, flip, flop.

Heaven forbid they offend the Chinese. So it's all or nothing. Clearly all was a massive own goal and made no sense. So has to be straight back to nothing.

Certainly the Chinese line is that there's no need for restrictions on their citizens or anyone else.

And tomorrow?. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks. The Chinese only started arriving by the plane load yesterday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Did they not consider the ramifications of these new rule changes, before putting them out there? Did they think, that since Thailand is the COKU (center of the known universe), the rules would simply be accepted, the tourists would not push back, no confusion would occur, and all would be grand? 

Or did they not think? Was this just a knee jerk reaction? One they now regret? 

I wonder if the Thai people are finally starting to comprehend the stupendous lack of capable leadership here? 

Indeed, some of them might be smirking and laughing behind our backs at the damage they've done, as it becomes more and more apparent that the people most damaged by these rules changes were Europeans and some Americans.