Russian Tourist Physically Assaulted for Allegedly Refusing to Pay 60-Baht Bar Bill in Pattaya

Social Media

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You should have drunk all night long in same bar, but not pay any tips or buy any lady drinks. If you occupied all the seats so no other customers all the better.

Her bar was dead, which was sad in a way, but not my problem, the bar we were at was going off, seems that my mates presence brought in other farangs as they could see this bar was lit, and when you see a lit bar, you join in vs an empty one IMO.

The ruskie got off light...if indeed he slapped a thai gal did he expect everyone to wai and thank him for stopping by, creating a big scene and then trying to skip on his bill? 

He doesn't look very sober in the video and i would be much more likely to believe the thai version of what happened.

As for just call the police?  So by the time the cops get there he is long gone and the description is big fat drunk russian....good luck sorting that out.

No sympathy from me for the russian especially if he did indeed HIT the thai gal.  I have no sympathy for ANY man who hits ANY woman.  Lucky someone didn't pull out a baseball bat and beat him half to death.  How would russians react if a thai guy slapped a russian gal in a russian bar?

20 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

I remember growing up we would go out and get an ice cream cone for 5 cents, bottle of water for a penny, and watch a movie for a dime.   That was 17,000 BC.    

60 baht, hey big spender!!!!!!    LOS, Land of Spenders.    

There's no way 60 baht is the story.   Drunk, rude, loud, aggressive, and definitely it seems like both parties have some explaining to do.   Nothing good happens after midnight, unless you are in Pattaya!!!!!  LOS, Land of Sexpats.  lol.  

Remember, this is a Russian, generally arrogant, snobbish, not very nice people. I once caught a Russian stealing my freekin laundry basket, caught on video, and he acted like I was insulting HIM. I got him evicted from the apartment. I believe that he slapped the girl's face. That's the likely thing that would lead to a beating. Just my humble opinion.

Remember, this is a Russian, generally arrogant, snobbish, not very nice people. Thai people don't like them and for good reason. I once caught a Russian stealing my freekin laundry basket, caught on video, and he acted like I was insulting HIM. I got him evicted from the apartment. I believe that he slapped the girl's face. That's the likely thing that would lead to a beating. Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

I believe in law and order, but if I saw a man hit a woman under these circumstances you might have to hold ME back. The owner will pay a small fine, and the Russian will have learned a lesson. Or not. Some people never learn. It's probably not the first time he ever hit a woman, probably not the last. If he's an alcoholic and a mean drunk, plus a typically pleasant Russian, he will continue. 

The bar owner should have asked the reporter to name the bar in the article - it would surely attract a few customers at those prices! I can't remember the last time I had a bill for 60 baht! (OK he was maybe only drinking soda - before somebody jumps on it - out there Lou?)

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 7:38 PM, BananaStrong said:

I remember growing up we would go out and get an ice cream cone for 5 cents, bottle of water for a penny, and watch a movie for a dime.   That was 17,000 BC.    

60 baht, hey big spender!!!!!!    LOS, Land of Spenders.    

There's no way 60 baht is the story.   Drunk, rude, loud, aggressive, and definitely it seems like both parties have some explaining to do.   Nothing good happens after midnight, unless you are in Pattaya!!!!!  LOS, Land of Sexpats.  lol.  

What a nonsense go and troll in another forum I've' been to Pattaya at least 17 times I don't have a G/F there I never been to a bar look in your own back yard first keep eating your bananas 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is your reason for going to Pattaya so often ?

Have many friends which moved from all over Thailand to Pattaya some works in the Hilton hotel some have their own business! And no one is a hooker. All normal people, Pattaya got a bad name I guess Amsterdam is worst or even Berlin 

You all joking about his 60b bill but it is a disgrace het get molested for this by bar members or staf. 
this Jane must pay the tourist some compensation for damages and the bar must be closed. 

come on , you beleave het give her a slap in the face,, only Arabic do this …

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, jeffriesbkk said:

Probably overcharged him with lady drinks and he refused to pay and walked out.

It used to be called 'padding' in days gone by.  Nothing changes in LOS.

Absolutely, that 60฿ bill was padded out with "lady drinks" (plural) when all he had was a magnum of Dom Perignon.