When Will All These Annoying Tourists <deleted> Off ?

NickyLouie

On 1/19/2023 at 11:34 PM, banglay said:

There's only one thing worst than the droves of tourist walking around aimlessly around  and that is the  farang expats and 2 week millionaires that   live stream the same old same old <deleted> on YouTube .  talk about ground hog day ..

The  thing about the YouTube vloggers is  that they've not got an original idea between them , Soi 6 ,Soi 6 ,Soi 6 Soi 6 ,  tree town, tree town, tree town, Bah ! bah ! bah ! 

There’s one guy who walks around and films condos. That’s all he does almost every other day. Walks in and pretends he wants to rent and asks to see rooms and all the facilities, pool, gym, etc. He always is careful to avoid being in the mirror in the elevator or bathroom, but will film everyone else, including the <deleted> of the help as they go up the stairs, then people make jokes about it in the comments.

I think word is getting out that he is just wasting staff time. People are catching on that it is not a serious rental inquiry.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, JayClay said:

Anybody who sits at a food stall in anything short of a full dinner-suit and tie is just plain making a fool of themselves.

Don't be facetious.... Singha vest. (wifebeater), cargo shorts and flip flops is far more suitable. And never ever massage a bargirl's shoulders while sitting outside....it is supposed to be her job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2020 through the middle of 2022 was nice and quiet.  I noticed the same thing on my last trip to Chiang Mai.  I wouldn't call it "normal" but it was more normal than anytime I've seen since 2019.  Much of the downtown businesses in CM were forced closed by the lack of tourists and the Machiavellian restrictions starting in 2020 so thing are still a bit off.  But on the flip side business seems to be booming around the outskirts of Chiang Mai if traffic is any indication plus the springing up of numerous 'bedroom communities' now filling old rice fields with new homes.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:41 AM, VinnieK said:

I hardly see any tourists in my seaside town.

My problem is...too many Thais????

Guess what, went to festival yesterday and was the only farang walking there.

Have seen some farang in town, all together 3

4 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Come up here to Issan. Come lay back and chill as your fam's out cutting the sugar cane, serve them a few drinks, listen to their upbeat country music, with drums and cowbells keeping them going. Not a tourist to be seen for miles and miles.

IMG_20230114_121246.jpg

That’s a nice plantation you got’s going there. Tell that boy to cut them there weeds and not back sass…

21 hours ago, jimn said:

Great post. I am counting the days until the Christmas and New Year mob, especially those rude Russions go home. Not too worried about the Chinese they dont frequent the beach or the bars.

Just watch where you walk though with the walkways full of spittle and the odd poop where they have been gathering.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Just watch where you walk though with the walkways full of spittle and the odd poop where they have been gathering.

No, not all of them do this outside.

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Klonko said:

No tourists = reduction in services and variety of goods. You can't have your cake and eat it

Exactly. 

That's why we all have an interest in seeing Pattaya having a healthy and diverse tourism industry.  Otherwise, all things farang that we currently take for granted could slowing disappear. 

Have to say honestly, I also miss the low tourist amounts already. Covid was amazing in a way, when all the normal things were basically open but no tourists here. Bangkok also way nicer, less traffic etc.

Would not mind to move somewhere more remote in the south of Thailand, enjoy nature, have kilometers of beach too. To then just make a weekend trip to a place to see some foreign people once every 2 weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw TWO tourists I've never seen before today...................

Back to COVID!!!!  I don't care if I have to take 100 more jabs, I need some peace and quiet.

Dogs?  still insane.   Music?  all day, every day....   Traffic?  OMG, the worst!!!!!

Thailand......................................... paradise.    

If only I owned a country!!!!!     Oh wait, I have 340 baht to my name..................   

Misery loves company, keep updating us with the influx of tourists!!!  The worst!!!!!!   Let's hope none of them have fun

On 1/20/2023 at 6:12 AM, richard_smith237 said:

This is just like the people who move into a house next to a motorway or under the flightpath to a major airport then complain about the noise !!! 

Easy solution - move to a ’non-tourist’ area !!! 

Or better still, realise they are tourists themselves and move back to their home country. ????