Air-conditioners for house

Cricky

The house is pretty old now and I would like to replace all the wall mounted split system AC units.

Looking to buy NEW, 5 or 6 units.

I need the original units removed and new units installed.

Any one out there can recommend a good AC guy in the Pattaya area?

Cheers

Edited by Cricky

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

I'd like a good guy who has well known banded equipment for an affordable price.

If you buy LG or Samsung they have their own service technicians who will install for you and consequently service them.

I bought my LGs on Lazada from the official LG store and then had them installed by LG.

• Like 1

Be aware that "installation" or "installation included" is very relative.

I had my condominium renovated from scratch with expensive AC units. The supposed expert, not cheap, was surprised that I wanted all drainpipes inside the walls and not just on top of the walls.

So better make sure they understand in detail what you expect.

4 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Or even installation! 

Salud, did you sneeze?

When I had my Condos main unit in the ceiling and the 3 bedroom units replaced, I bought them from LG.  LG sent the technicians and they removed the old units and replace them as part of the contract I signed.  The removal fee if I remember right was inexpensive as they took the units and compressors and all other associated items back with them. Of course this was in BKK and not Pattaya.

I bought Hitachi at Powerbuy and it's really reliable. Powerbuy installed it. The installers were on time and did good work. I would go with Hitachi over other units. I also have Samsung, and they just are not as well-built or reliable. Hope that helps.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I had my condominium renovated from scratch with expensive AC units. The supposed expert, not cheap, was surprised that I wanted all drainpipes inside the walls and not just on top of the walls.

So you really expectet, drainpipes inside the wall are for free????????????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boonchu said:

Home Pro sell AC with installayion included.

Yes, if you live within a certain distance from the store. I live about 50 Ks from store and they would not send anyone to fit and maintain as they said I was too far away, so obviously I bought new AC elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Roy Batty said:

I bought Hitachi at Powerbuy and it's really reliable. Powerbuy installed it. The installers were on time and did good work. I would go with Hitachi over other units. I also have Samsung, and they just are not as well-built or reliable. Hope that helps.

Best of luck!

I have Samsung and 10 years old still very good. I don't think Hitachi is Japanese anymore so not Japanese quality

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

So you really expectet, drainpipes inside the wall are for free????????????

Can you read?

I didn't write anywhere that I expected any work for free.

I received a quotation for installing air conditioners in a condominium with bare walls and walls which still had to be built at that time. IMHO it should have been obvious to the AC guy that anybody who renovates a condominium from scratch (including new water pipes, etc.) does not expect drainpipes mounted on the wall.

Eventually he understood it and quoted it and installed it that way. 

4 hours ago, Roy Batty said:

Best of luck!

I was told Daikin and Mitsubishi were the ones to go for... but hey, it might be 7-8 years before you get to figure out what is best. Would agree wrt Samsung as I had one unit that didn't last long. Have some old Saijo Denki, which are good, which can run reverse to heat.... never need that though!

On 1/24/2023 at 6:11 AM, boonchu said:

Home Pro sell AC with installayion included.

Most A/C shops install. I went to one years ago, 4pm (thinking they would come next day) they followed me home, installed brackets on the outside wall of balcony, extended the pipe work, up and running by 7pm.

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Do they have staff who can give proper recommendations (from a proper chart) of the BTU output needed according to room measurements etc?

Just do a google check, staff will always recommend a bigger one and the most expensive. commission is what comes first.

We recently bought Daikin ktfm18wv2s …very pleased and quite cheap to run …seem to wind down to around 200watts.

Daikin ktfm series are their most efficient air con units … worth spending the extra

The important part of replacing AC is to get inverter ACs. I got 2 Hitachi 18K BTU about 5 years ago, still going strong. They replaced 13K BTU Mitsubushi AC, one still working, one broken. The old ones are worth money, even if they are not working, so make sure you get some salvage cash for the old ones. I sold one the working one for 2000 baht, and the one that needed a new compressor, for 800 baht, to AC guy installing the new inverters.

Another point is, up size the new inverter ones, one size up. This way when you flash them, they will cool the place quickly, then throttle back to maintain the temperature.

The final part is supervise the installation. Make sure they pull a good vacuum on  the lines. All breaks in the lines are brazed together, not compession fitted, and each line is individually insulated, not put together inside one closed cell insulator. Also specify you want a plastic enclosure for both lines. 

Go around to bigger appliance stores and get the best deal. If you are buying 5, get ready to negotiate.

Edited by Banana7

On 1/24/2023 at 7:11 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Just like a lot of home improvement stores in the west, retailers in Thailand often use independent contractors to do installations and it's not unusual for their work to be shoddy: untrained installers, no supervision and very difficult to get problems resolved.  They usually just send the same incompetent person back. 

• Like 2

I would never buy a Samsung AC unit again.  I bought a 21K BTU inverter unit, purchased from major retailer.  Problems were always referred to Samsung Service Center.  Usually several hours of hold/call back to even get a CS agent.  Usually one to two weeks for appointment, then normally 2 plus weeks for parts to arrive then another week for those to be installed.  No part I needed was ever covered by "warranty" .  

Finally started using an independent repair shop, not great but better than Samsung. Probably B3000 to B5000 per year maintenance over the 6 years I owned it.  Finally replaced it with a Mitsubishi consumer unit 3 years ago and so far, not a single repair.