Taiwanese actress hits back at RTP - Thailand's great but your "unclean" police are NOT - tells them to "stop talking trash"

webfact

8 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

Yes...this will be the outcome of this situation.  There will be a law made just like the anti-defamation law that says if you "out" anyone here you will be banned from the country for a set amount of time.  Totally expect this to happen within the next few weeks

She has already stated that she will never ever return to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, wadman said:

She has already stated that she will never ever return to Thailand.

Ya but that does nothing for the rest of us.  those who live here and / or visit regularly.  You become kinda trapped in their BS even if you try to avoid it.  When this happened to me a while back I was warned by the people who did it that if I said anything it would cause problems later

• Like 1

Good on ya girl, Joke is really on big Joke making a fool him ! Send messages  your fired ! Enough of bs non active rolls ! Out the door few months in Bangkok Hilton lm sure there is few in there on trumped up chargers look after the cops very nicely !  Not going to happen in reality Worth the giggle if did Thats one way to send msg ???? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

I think the RTP got way more than what they bargained for, a feisty chick that will not forget or forgive until she finishes to say what she has to say which probably most of it is true.

Most !!!! .. I would say she left out lots … Uniform = Corrupt and the suits at top like Anutin can’t hide . “;0)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This latest mess for Thai tourism caused by the RTP shows that drastic action is needed to rein them in before further damage is down.

How do you rein in a police force that has been finely honing it's skills over decades..

It's well known that they do not live on salaries alone, where do you think the extra money comes from..

Extortion of all kinds at all levels.

Ask the Thai business owners who knocks on the door every month to collect rent, ask any dodgy business operator who they pay to turn a blind eye..

RTP caught fair & square now trying to cover-up their deeds.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m not going to say who is being truthful or who is not.  This incident is basically a he said she said type of thing. 
She does appear to be very feisty.  And the type of person to stand her ground.  I can’t imagine a person with that type of personality to get on their knees to apologize to anyone.  But if a person is under duress I guess anything can happen. I’m not saying it did or didn’t. 
Yes the police do appear to have issues. At least from reading news stories and opinion.  In living in Bangkok for three years I have not had to deal with them personally.  But I have rode in vehicles as a passenger.  And a few times they had to stop and go through checkpoints.  The officers would see me in the vehicle.  And at no time asked me for a passport.  Or question me.  Sometimes I would walk by officers on the street.  At no

time was I ever stopped.  
Yes there are some bad officers.  But I’m sure they are not all bad.  

Edited by swm59nj

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

The police chief ordered a "transparent investigation". So, what could be more transparent than a timely release of the video footage?

Hahahaha. a transparent investigation doesn't involve satisfying farangs curiosity and making a public spectacle out of the whole affair....which the media has succeeded in doing anyway. I sense the herd is swarming and becoming restless. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol. General Damrongsak Kittipraphat, the commander-in-chief of the Royal Thai Police, ordered this morning, January 28th, 2023, a full and transparent investigation that he said would be fair to all sides involved.

It seems all he's done since becoming the top dog is clean up the back yard of his packs filth.

5 hours ago, marcusb said:

I politely disagree with that. 

I'll go out on a limb and say the vast majority of tourists in Thailand are on visa exempt.   Visa on arrival currently 45 days, why would regular tourists bother with a formal visa. 

Depends if the regular tourist is a national of a visa exempt country. Haven't checked whether Taiwan is or not for Thailand.

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

This really is the basic problem, police have reviewed the CCTV and satisfied nothing is amiss yet farangs demand to see it also because they don't believe them. Show us the footage to prove the innocence of the police? What a joke that is.

My own level of 'nothing amiss' could well differ from that of the RTP.. who put plastic bags on heads and go to condos and steal valuables!

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I think the RTP got way more than what they bargained for, a feisty chick that will not forget or forgive until she finishes to say what she has to say which probably most of it is true.

The RTP may get away with fairy tales in the eyes of the Thai public, but not in international social media. This might damage Thailand's reputation as a tourist destination in Taiwan.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Hahahaha. a transparent investigation doesn't involve satisfying farangs curiosity and making a public spectacle out of the whole affair....which the media has succeeded in doing anyway. I sense the herd is swarming and becoming restless. 

it is already a public spectacle so if the tape shows no wrong doing who in their right mind would not release it to kill the story and demand an apology to the RTP...

..we all know how much they like to have photos with a gang of cops all pointing to the perpetrators of various crimes....never seems a problem getting those pics out quickly...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, pomchop said:

it is already a public spectacle so if the tape shows no wrong doing who in their right mind would not release it to kill the story and demand an apology to the RTP...

..we all know how much they like to have photos with a gang of cops all pointing to the perpetrators of various crimes....never seems a problem getting those pics out quickly...

I know, let's publish the evidence of all cases, before any trial. Then, everyone can vote, innocent or guilty, that way we save the cost of a court case. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

RTP is rotten from the top to the bottom  cops on the beat. Just auditing their unusual wealth will be sufficient to launch an investigation. They not even bother to hide their wealth and flaunt them with blatant display of expensive houses and cars. They know no one can touch them. At worst, they just get transferred to inactive posting as punishment. Still waiting for Prayut to step in and make big reform announcement. Doubt he will as he need RTP to protect him from student activists. 

Agree, RTP is rotten and if you ever have a problem in Thailand don't call the police, they are the problem.

• Like 1