Residents certificate

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, which immigration office do you use. 

This is important. 

15 minutes ago, howerde said:

Where are you living? if in Bangkok then you need to have done a 90 day report, costs 200 baht and they mail it to you within 2 weeks

Bangkok, I normally use chaengwattana immigration, I just had my visa renewed so haven't done a 90 day report yet.

4 minutes ago, DrukenMallardy said:

Bangkok, I normally use chaengwattana immigration, I just had my visa renewed so haven't done a 90 day report yet

I assume that you have done 90 day reports in the past at CW. 

By stating that ...."I just had my visa renewed..." 

Assume that you mean a new annual extension. 

Either way the desk for residence certificate will ask for your last TM47 receipt. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DrukenMallardy said:

Bangkok, I normally use chaengwattana immigration, I just had my visa renewed so haven't done a 90 day report yet.

CW will not issue one without  a 90 day report, have you ever done one at CW, as you renewed your visa/extension of stay, i assume a TM 30 has been done

Yea I think a TM30 has been done, since I last got residency certificate previously and my wife sorted it out.  

I don't think I've kept me last TM47 since that was almost a year ago already, I've only just returned to Thailand a few months ago to redo my annual extension and use the multi-entry quite often so don't often have to do the 90 day reporting, but yes I have done it at CW in the past.  

I'm assuming I need to do the TM 18 for the residence certificate. 

Also, for driving lisence purposes, can I use my work permit instead of the residence certificate? or do they insist on having the residence certificate (work permit just been approved and was done by my work place so if I can just use that, it'd be easier)

16 minutes ago, DrukenMallardy said:

Also, for driving lisence purposes, can I use my work permit instead of the residence certificate? or do they insist on having the residence certificate (work permit just been approved and was done by my work place so if I can just use that, it'd be easier)

if you have the old style work permit yes you can. old ones has the working place address on it and they accept it. But if you have the new one you cannot use it because no address on it. i was lucky because mine is old one.

for the residency, if the driving licence is not urgently needed wait for your 90 days report. you said you entered few months ago which makes your 90 days is very near. And also another question here. i dont know your extension type but mine is NON-B working extension and done at CW. when she did it she also gave me 90 days report with the extension.. So if you did the same thing you should have one already. 

21 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Local Immigration office

Or if you are in the House Book (Yellow Book) a copy of the relevant pages will do (at least it has for me - think I'm on my fourth license..

My friend is currently trying to get his motorbike license and they refuse to accept his yellow book or his pink card. Typical Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, problemfarang said:

if you have the old style work permit yes you can. old ones has the working place address on it and they accept it. But if you have the new one you cannot use it because no address on it. i was lucky because mine is old one.

My old style WorkPermit has wrong address for work since the office has moved, and my living address i changed 3 years ago, and every year I try to have them to update with new information but they refuse and say they do not update any longer.

2 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

My old style WorkPermit has wrong address for work since the office has moved, and my living address i changed 3 years ago, and every year I try to have them to update with new information but they refuse and say they do not update any longer.

if you are still working there and you have the latest stamp on it showing your working there, that will do. they will not check the address if the place is real or not. they trust labor office.

so you have the old style work permit, stamp showing you are still working there, old style have wrong address = you can get your license. no worries.

55 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

We tried that last 2 times also, but they refuse, and was not interested even tho we offered to pay for the service. 

Depends on the agent I guess and the level of their relationship with the IOs. I use a Pattaya Agent and Jomtien Immigration.