Phone number

You can do it either way, but don't worry about it,  phone systems automatically recognise the correct number as do institutions requesting a phone number, their personnel also know that the zero needs to be dropped when preceded by a country code.

Many use this written format, +66 (0)12 345 6789 for a Thai mobile number. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

My Bank needs my new Thai phone number, do i remove the zero from the start and just give 66+nine numbers ?

Phoning from the Uk .Thank you .

As above yes. +66 XX XXX XXXX

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, harry94 said:

do i remove the zero from the start and just give 66+nine numbers

Despite what the others are saying I'm afraid there is no correct answer. It all depends on the exact way the bank expects its staff to input your number. From the inputted number, the computer system will dial the number, not a human.

When I did the same it took three or four times for the bank staff to work out the correct input. We tried several different inputs until it worked. This is harder than it sounds because it would take the bank 24 hours for the new telephone number to go into the system before it could then be checked to see that it worked with the automatic dialling system they use. 

The question you are asking can only really be answered by the nerdy computer programmer who set up the database for telephone numbers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gaccha said:

Despite what the others are saying I'm afraid there is no correct answer. It all depends on the exact way the bank expects its staff to input your number. From the inputted number, the computer system will dial the number, not a human.

When I did the same it took three or four times for the bank staff to work out the correct input. We tried several different inputs until it worked. This is harder than it sounds because it would take the bank 24 hours for the new telephone number to go into the system before it could then be checked to see that it worked with the automatic dialling system they use. 

The question you are asking can only really be answered by the nerdy computer programmer who set up the database for telephone numbers.

Yes i understand , i had that problem with the Halifax two three phone calls before they got it right . This time it is Santander and i am having to change my security details . the contact number is all part of the details i have to fill in . if that is not accepted then back to square one .

• Thumbs Up 1