Indian Man Says he was Robbed of 44,000 Baht in Cash in Pattaya by Pickpockets

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand - A young Indian man made a police report late last night in Pattaya stating pickpockets took 44,000 baht in cash from his pocket after he finished shopping at a convenience store.

The alleged incident happened at 11:00 P.M. on February 10th, 2023, when Mr. Mayur Manish Surve, an Indian student, went to the Pattaya Police station with an unidentified friend to make a police report.

According to Mr. Surve, earlier in the evening he had gone to a convenience store on Pattaya Beach to purchase some groceries. The name of the store was withheld by Pattaya police pending review of CCTV and a full investigation. Mr. Surve told The Pattaya News that upon leaving the store a group of Thai individuals approached him and began asking him about his purchase and his visit.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/11/indian-man-says-he-was-robbed-of-44000-baht-in-cash-in-pattaya-by-pickpockets/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-02-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm…. Isnt it usually a gold chain necklace you sometimes see them festooned with, or more often the lady boy who steals their wallet from the room safe….. ad nauseum?

If you look at the photo. He has his hand on his chest, checking to see if his chain is still there.

3 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Why would anyone be packing that much baht or any currency on them?

Perhaps his total spend for the trip here..... brought as cash and changed in one go. Leaving it in the room safe has its risks too. Not saying I believe it 100%, but see it as possible. Miss the old travelers cheques, which is how I used to fund my trips a long time ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

At first….in all the excitement he didn’t notice….but it now seems his 3 kilo gold chain is also missing…..oh….and his Patek Philippe Titanium wristwatch…..oh….and his Christian Dior sunglasses…. oh…..and his Air Jordan 10 OVO athletic shoes…. and…. well….oh yeah.....he almost forgot...there was also that bottle of Macallan 1926 whiskey.

I’m just sipping on that same brand of whisky I bought yesterday for a bargain price,but now my new Patek Phillipe saying time for bed,so just slip off my air Jordan’s and up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire… Anyone seen my sunglasses….? ???? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Why would anyone be packing that much baht or any currency on them?

He takes it with him, he gets pick-pocketed. He leaves it in hotel room safe, it gets broken into. He leaves it at hotel reception safe, he gets robbed. So maybe best he could do is just leave all money home in India and get you kind people pay for all his expenses in Thailand, I guess?

• Like 1