Pattaya Bar Updates

Danderman123

Wow... Bling closed after all the money spent there....any  ideas... remodeling for a different approach? Heard a positive report wrt The Den... but not made it there yet. I guess we still have MPs turning into evening bars on Pothole... or are we losing more MPs?

I tried a couple on WS  Fahrenheit was okay but beware the 'Me go dance now' immediately after you buy a girl a drink.. irritating but they do it on purpose. Pinups was packed, mostly with girls, inside  and out, but it is a production line and Asian customers preferred..... not entertainment for me. Soi 15 is sad and dark, not much custom in Dollhouse upstairs and down... and the GGBs that used to be opposite are gone and there is construction going on. 

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Bling is being re-modeled as a club i think, sign out front.

XS on walking st is easy no 1 agogo for 100+ pretty girls, expensive asian focused but do 95 baht draft beer so worth a couple there.

Windmill upstairs and downstairs open, many fuglies but busy as usual.

Dollhouse\Electric Blue partly struggling due to quiet soi 15, opposite buildings closed

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Rumours abound about Treetown, owners of the land who own The Base want to build a condo on the land.

Previous owners tried that many years ago. There were showrooms and a big party. I checked out the showrooms myself. I might still have the flyer somewhere. And then it all stopped.

I heard it was not approved because it was too high. Then the area was empty for a long time until they built about 7 years ago a parking lot with bars on it - Tree Town. First there was only the still existing Cocktail Car with extreme noise every night. And then more and more bars were slowly added. 

I guess a lot of people (residents and hotel owners) would love to see that noisy red light area go away as soon as possible - myself included. Hopefully your information is correct. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I reckon Soi Pothole has been ruined, many bars have replaced the massage shops, not as if we are short of bars elsewhere

There has been a huge increase in the number of ‘’Gentlemen’s  Clubs’ basically brothels, Maggie May was a decent bar but now a ‘Gentlemen's Club’

50 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There has been a huge increase in the number of ‘’Gentlemen’s  Clubs’ basically brothels, Maggie May was a decent bar but now a ‘Gentlemen's Club’

Yes Gentleman Clubs same same closed bars, kinda what soi 6 was. I never go GCs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Rumours abound about Treetown, owners of the land who own The Base want to build a condo on the land.

russian buyers need a bolthole as millions are leaving to escape nutty vlad as the countrys doomed to crapola status with everthing collapsing

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

A new condo building at TreeTown would take years to complete. That's long after the current Russian situation will be resolved. No one is going to invest in construction based on the current mess in Russia.

Plenty of empty condos in Pattaya right now.

Obviously you are not in Pattaya. They are constantly building new large hotels and condos. And I'm sure a lot of Chinese people will be interested. And then there are Indians. We old European expats here are dying out.

If you look at Tree Town, there are no expensive buildings there - okay, maybe the (closed) Pattaya Beach Club... Construction machines can remove the rest in one day. This area is waiting for a buyer. It's way too expensive for cheap bars.

• Thumbs Up 1

not surprised about bling closing. soi bk and that area has been known afaik, for the last 20 years as a bargain basement beer and food grovel to accommodate a certain demographic, sorry if that upsets some, but i remember crazy daves.... YEAH!!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Obviously you are not in Pattaya. They are constantly building new large hotels and condos. And I'm sure a lot of Chinese people will be interested. And then there are Indians. We old European expats here are dying out.

If you look at Tree Town, there are no expensive buildings there - okay, maybe the (closed) Pattaya Beach Club... Construction machines can remove the rest in one day. This area is waiting for a buyer. It's way too expensive for cheap bars.

Those of us living in Pattaya know how long it takes to develop a large condo building. For example, the Grand Soleil is taking years to build, and it is going up on vacant land.

The time frame to create a condo building is far too long to secure Russian investors based on the current crisis in Russia.

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Those of us living in Pattaya know how long it takes to develop a large condo building. For example, the Grand Soleil is taking years to build, and it is going up on vacant land.

The time frame to create a condo building is far too long to secure Russian investors based on the current crisis in Russia.

Grand Sole, Imperial... 

On 2/14/2023 at 5:59 PM, petermik said:
On 2/14/2023 at 4:53 PM, Mickeymaus said:

I guess a lot of people (residents and hotel owners) would love to see that noisy red light area go away as soon as possible - myself included. Hopefully your information is correct. 

You are not compelled to visit this area....stay away if it bothers you and let others enjoy it

From the content of his post that you quoted, it appears that he is a resident of the area, so he probably is compelled to visit the area. Even if he isn't a resident of the immediate area, he's still entitled to his opinion about the area as much as you are without having to put up with, "if you don't like it, stay away", garbage.

• Love It 1

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Back again, there are way too many bars in Pattaya for every bar to be sustainable. 

A condo at Treetown?  Anything would be better then Treetown but, how are people going to drive in and out of there.  The traffic is horrendous now on Soi Buakhao.

Or, maybe that planned Monorail system is the answer?

surprised as soi buakhao used to be cows quietly grazing not so long ago ,and numerous ram shackle brothels at 100 a pop to empty your ball bag

18 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

surprised as soi buakhao used to be cows quietly grazing not so long ago ,and numerous ram shackle brothels at 100 a pop to empty your ball bag

I also remember girls telling me that they were afraid to go down there. Wasn’t that long ago when it was just a mud road. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NextG said:

Wasn’t that long ago when it was just a mud road.

You have an interesting scale for not long ago or be a real Pattaya pioneer.

In the mid 2000s (have a picture from my hotel in Soi Lengkee from 2006) the area was fully developed.

So if let's say if before 2004 is not long ago then maybe.

My proof does not reach further back.

• Thumbs Up 1