Foreign Couple Caught on Viral Video Allegedly Performing Obscene Acts in Public Near Pattaya Music Festival

webfact

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

From the original article...

Pattaya police also stated the act hurts the outstanding world class family friendly image of Pattaya and damages tourism so finding the offenders was a top priority.

The outstanding world class family image of Pattaya?

Well I've learnt some new today because I was always under the impression that Pattaya had a reputation for something other than the above. Or could the police be trying to gloss over the truth?

What part of "Pattaya Music Festival" isn't family friendly?

there are gazzilions of videos of thais doing quite nasty things on OnlyFans and students of certain college have to watch it for hours! (some ID job with screen caps and google images search). I mean that is the worst task anyone can imagine (except some aging farang )

10 hours ago, BigStar said:

Many foreigners, including most of those posting here, exist in a time warp.

Public sex may be common in your country as noted here: Public sex is a popular -- and quasi-legal -- activity in Britain, according to the authorities and to the large number of Web sites that promote it.

But has always been very illegal in Thailand, including Pattaya.

How so? Public sex is quite rare. I haven't run across any in my decades of living here. All such incidents are taken seriously, as in a recent case.

Ok

So to confirm your point I googled "World class family friendly resort " , Pattaya didn't appear to feature very much at all .

However by inputting " Sex capital of the world "......

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, giddyup said:

No, it's not. No expectation of privacy in public.

I  thought the Personal Protection Data Act 2019 pretty much put the kabosh on taking photo's/video of others without their permission.

19 hours ago, Thaindrew said:

also illegal to take photos of people without permission

If but it were.... isn't the rule one has no expectation of privacy in a public place?  There was always a tendency and glee  in the locals here to catch foreigners doing bad things and post it..... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yme said:

Personally I don't find two people overcome by a sudden feeling of passion obscene. But to each their own. Let your passion flow in Pattaya (or something). If you're offended, look somewhere else. 

That’s exactly what I told the kids… ???? 

7 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Ok

So to confirm your point I googled "World class family friendly resort " , Pattaya didn't appear to feature very much at all .

However by inputting " Sex capital of the world "......

Irrelevant to my point, as you well know.

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I  thought the Personal Protection Data Act 2019 pretty much put the kabosh on taking photo's/video of others without their permission.

If that were the case the Papparazi wouldn't have jobs.

• Haha 1

How times have changed; anyone in the realm, say, 40 years ago, remembers when tourists were "invited" by a tout to a sleazy upstairs establishment. "No cover charge" for the Thai couple performing "obscene sexual acts" on a brightly lit stage back then. 

Difference to today is that the show as filmed recently was free of charge, no touts (except possibly some gold hunting katoeys) and no overpriced drinks were served. So the only point I can see is to arrest them as they possibly had no work permits for jobs, which are restricted to the semi-divines performing in Patpong, Nana Entertainment Plaza and those rip-off dungeons in Pattaya ........

But, to be sure, check with the Department of Labour as well as the Department of Immigration on the type of visa as well - just to be sure ???? Once that is cleared, check with the Ministry of Neaderthal headed by Gen.Sup.Com.Lt. Vishavartranam Kanotbeleaveitappans, also known by his nickname "Stoneage" - hurry up as he might be promoted to the country's biggest ministry, the Ministry of Inactive Posts and Unbelievable Jokes.