Draft Prostitution Law To Set Voluntary Service At Minimum 20 Years

webfact

Three little stories:

Get to like or love a Thai 'bar girl' or 'massage girl' and the same question often arises: "Why are  you doing this?" (Yes, I know it's dumb to ask)

The first bar girl I knew said, "It's better than before, when I was working in the rice fields." God knows, I understand.

But I do wonder about the effects on their mental health.

One very beautiful massage girl was charming but cold, 'clinical' and emotionally 'empty'.

She said "Why not? I will meet a rich man this way. I not have to love him. That's good for me."

I got to know her well and she told me (honestly, I think) that she 'had no father' and her mother had sold her to an old Thai man for sex. She had had problems with her jaw ever since as every day he forced her to give him oral sex. When her mother sold her she was 12 years old. For her, being a 'prostitute' might have been 'a suitable job'. I'm sorry to say that. A girl like that, emotionally and physically damaged, needs good laws and regulations to help her.

Another I knew well told me that she worked as a 'bar girl' in order to give money to her young English boy friend. He did not work but sat in their room all day watching football on TV and drinking beer. One night in the bar she was crying her eyes out in the corner and wouldn't show me her face. She had not earned enough money for her boyfriend and he had beaten her up.

Another works in a reputable massage shop that offers' happy endings' but nothing more. She has many customers and she told me that 'all of them' asked her to have sex. She said she didn't have sex with anyone. But she needed money to pay for her mother's new house in Issan. Would you trust her to be your girl friend?

It's easy to forget how little (or 'no') education they've had. I find them now not to be trusted. They're clever how they manipulate their clients. Most of them will have Thai boyfriends anyway (although they'll deny it of course).

But I liked all of these girls very much. They deserve better. However 'hard bitten', they need protection. From themselves and from their greedy parents (how impossible is that?). And protection from bad farang that we all know exploit them.  So bad these guys that some bars won't admit them. The guys who wait until the girls are so drunk from working the bars that they can pick them up in the clubs in order to have sex without a condom. These guys exist.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, papa al said:

Posting dumb questions

is supposed to be witty,

i guess.

The freedom of speech and ones individual humour is welcomed.
It may not be to your liking, but it is a right.

Let the moderators decide.. not you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

What amazes me about Thailand is the extremes of poverty vs wealth. As a european where we vote for our governments and in return receive some benefits from the state, I find the uncaring nature of unelected Asian governments concerning. Which is why these young ladies enter prostitution; the alternative is quite miserable as noted by other posters.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

The vast majority of prostitutes in Thailand are single mums

hahahahhahhhahhah

How could you possibly know this?

Tinder message.....    asking for money for sex.   

thai friendly...... daily comedy asking for money for sex

facebook.... same

I'm saying you have to know about everyone in Thailand asking for sex, not just the likely single moms in Pattaya sitting in the street and screaming!!!! lol

Bar girl is at least honest with herself. And so many of them that go home and tell the stories. Now hair dressers, school teachers, you name it will sleep with ya for 3K/night. hahaha.. Prostitution in Thailand regulated. Please.

Is that what the prostitutes want?

I remember when a so-called philanthropic organization went in the Mae Sai district, to 'save' the girls from prostitution.

These girls were very unhappy with the outcome, wondering how then they will feed their children.

And to say that these women turn to providing such a service, because the men in this culture, will just make babies, then avoid responsibilities, do not provide for their women and children.

And the law wants to punish women for that...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The vast majority of prostitutes in Thailand come from impoverished areas or those that have no other viable employment opportunities.

Plant rice for almost no reward, work in a factory for a minimum wage or lay on a beach all day, get wined, dined and laid for 3,000 baht a day.

Young female Thais are almost coerced into the trade to help finance a monthly existence where salaries are largely out of touch with reality.

Just not true....we were searching for cleaning woman....willing to pay her as much as the accountant get. We got some who were unreliable and lazy and we don't expect much. And not only women....we train CNC operators from zero and there they drop out because it is too coming on time and think when you work.
Our 7/11 has every week new faces as they always fire the lazy people...and promote the good one. I spoke with a scuba dive center they can't find any girl who is willing to do the very basic scuba certificate so they know what they are talking with the customer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Is that what the prostitutes want?

I remember when a so-called philanthropic organization went in the Mae Sai district, to 'save' the girls from prostitution.

These girls were very unhappy with the outcome, wondering how then they will feed their children.

And to say that these women turn to providing such a service, because the men in this culture, will just make babies, then avoid responsibilities, do not provide for their women and children.

And the law wants to punish women for that...

yes philanthropic is getting the scariest word of this century.....go hiding when the ultra rich philanthropists come to destroy your life

• Thanks 1

About time just legalise prostitution crikey these woman for decades have kept Thailand afloat on there backs trying to feed there family's mainly from impoverished back ground not all plenty high class background call girls uni etc,  !! Thai politicians might be upset along with  RTP on kick backs off bar owners & massage parlors so be it ,

Edited by Mad mick
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Strange really, that I am not against prostitution nor for it...it just IS. Like the trees, birds & bees, was there a long time before and will be long after I'm gone. It isn't a 'job' I cared to get involved with and I felt sorry for those who were controlled by some syndicate or other. I think just legalising prostitution is really not enough...the prostitutes should be 'protected' (hope that's the right word), I suppose like all 'jobs', some do it because they like it (it's an Art), some because the pay is good and some because they have to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Acknowledge this 'activity' as being unstoppable through penalty and other suppressive mechanisms.

Provide good free healthcare, nationwide contraception, far better single mother and orphan care, enforcement of patrimony when children are born and left here or there i.e supporting the cultural norm of families living together many generations but not allowing fathers to abandon their children through whatever mechanism they contribute to/create and leave women with babies with zero support, better social, economic, and educational transitioning for all of society not just the 1% who hold all the wealth in the nation.

A well written post...

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Sir dont sell yourself short......

I myself am looking for a sexy Thai girl to buy me a house and a car I want her to buy me gold too...Wine and dine me and buy me flowers and tell me I am sexy man.....

She needs to do a lot for me before I give up this overwight 65 year old bald headed body with a bit of a beer belly.......

I am not a easy catch, she will have to work for it..

You had better get yourself on Thai Friendly. Pronto! ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

A health package and retirement plan included?

One step at a time. 

Fortunately there's plenty of cheap clinics in cities where prostitution is openly available Fortunately. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

Bar girl is at least honest with herself. And so many of them that go home and tell the stories. Now hair dressers, school teachers, you name it will sleep with ya for 3K/night. hahaha.. Prostitution in Thailand regulated. Please.

I have slept with loads of ordinary girls/woman who just need a little support for 2000 (where did this 300 come from?). It's an exchange - if you are polite, clean and nice what's the PROBLEM?  if you don't like it don't do it.

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

https://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/WEBTEXT/46403/65063/E96THA01.htm

Lax (non?) enforcement is said to fall on one single phrase, "...in a promiscuous manner...".

"Promiscuous" being open to interpretation by the "authorities".

Section five is also used for non-enforcement... "...in an open and shameless manner or causes nuisance to the public...".

So as long as you're not "shameless" or causing a nuisance you're good to go.

The vagueness of the current legislation seems to work quite well and has done for many, many years.  Not sure why it needs to be changed.

Hasn't it been 21 until now? Or is 21 the minimum age at which girls are allowed into strangers' rooms in hotels?

Anyway it stands to reason that there shouldn't be a different age for "prostitution". Legal age should be the same for all types of human endeavours, and it is already unacceptably divorced from biology as it is.

This leglislative creep regarding "prostitution age", age of consent etc. aims at 1) entraping men and 2) protecting the street market value of the femihags' ageing pussy. It purports to protect girls but it doesn't, quite the reverse, as many nubile females are forced to go on living as children, thereby losing precious years out of their already short shelf-life. On the other hand they can have a field day as jailbaits and extortionists under femihag guidance, but I'm sure not all under 20s are happy with this.

• Like 1