Car falls from parking building in Bangkok Rama 4, injures one man

webfact

Surely there should be regulations and standards in place for parking garage railings/barriers.

Looking at the pics it seems those railings could be better designed and constructed to stop a motor vehicle impact, just as barriers on a highway are.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

What can one say? Pay attention when backing up in a parking garage? Isn't that basic driving 101?

Darwin is proven right once again. 

The real question is, why doesn't this happen to the guys who really deserve it? We all know who they are. 

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Surely there should be regulations and standards in place for parking garage railings/barriers.

Regulations and standards..........you do realise TIT.

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Looking at the pics it seems those railings could be better designed and constructed to stop a motor vehicle impact, just as barriers on a highway are.

Just like balconies?

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Just like balconies?

Interesting there are also people falling off balconies in the west. I guess the standards and regulations are insufficient prevent this.

https://injepijournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40621-019-0181-3

Falls from a balcony while intoxicated: a new injury trend among young adults?

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The driver admitted that at the time of the incident, he was in the process of collecting things in the car.

This would seem to me that he had his head below the windscreen picking something up from the floor of the car, the car was still in reverse and when he realized he jammed his foot on the accelerator insted of the brake in his haste.

That sounds about right. If he had been going really slow the back wheels would have dropped and the car would have stopped with the wheels hanging over the edge.

I assumed they mean mistook the accelerator for the brake. It's an easy thing to do if you're a Thai driver. 90% of the traffic on Thai raod has drivers who have the same problem. The same number seem to have Red Green colour blindness when tt comes to traffic lights too.

On 3/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Rimmer said:

The driver admitted that at the time of the incident, he was in the process of collecting things in the car.

This would seem to me that he had his head below the windscreen picking something up from the floor of the car, the car was still in reverse and when he realized he jammed his foot on the accelerator insted of the brake in his haste.

Meaning automatic transmission ?

On 3/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, userabcd said:

I guess in the land of the free and leaders of the free world, the arbiters of international world order, the standards and regulations are perfect and such incidents do not happen.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:13 AM, userabcd said:

Interesting there are also people falling off balconies in the west. I guess the standards and regulations are insufficient prevent this.

You’ve well and truly establishing yourself as one of the ‘it also happens in other countries’ brigade !!!..... ????

------

Maybe because its Thailand and I’m in Thailand, but I read of this occurrence more in Thailand than I do in the UK... (similar sized countries)......