Random health checks of police at all stations ordered after Sai Mai stand-off

snoop1130

So now yet again the Muppets expect the public to report any psychiatric symptoms, utter BS.

Since when have ordinary citizens had any qualifications to determine when someone is suffering from mental disorders.

As for the physical condition of officer's the number of pot bellied ones at my local station does make you wonder...

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s police inspector-general, Pol Gen Visanu Prasarttong-Osoth, has ordered all provincial police bureaux to conduct random checks of the physical and mental health of the men in every police station, in an attempt to ensure that they are healthy to avoid a repeat of the recent armed stand-off in Bangkok’s Sai Ma area involving an officer.

Random,it should be 100% mandatory.... 

every 6 months a full independent medical examination to ensure police are up to the job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Yeah, sure.  I'll do just that.  What could possibly go wrong?

Defamation laws won't apply in this case.....Your name, address, and car registration however will be noted in case further information is required.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Andycoops said:

So now yet again the Muppets expect the public to report any psychiatric symptoms, utter BS.

Since when have ordinary citizens had any qualifications to determine when someone is suffering from mental disorders.

As for the physical condition of officer's the number of pot bellied ones at my local station does make you wonder...

And "police should encourage members of the public to report any police officers who appear to have psychiatric disorders."

Can you imagine the reaction at any police station if you walked in there and said "I've just been interviewed by one of your officers regarding ?????  and I think he's off his rocker"! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe the best solution against mental stress is start working... When you are busy no time to think

Most of these Officers are very busy

Mainly with " moonlighting " activities, hence no time for Police related stress

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Random,it should be 100% mandatory.... 

every 6 months a full independent medical examination to ensure police are up to the job. 

Would that not mean that the brown envelopes will be going in the opposite direction?????

• Haha 1