Do you support "15 minute cities" in order to save the planet from man-made global warming?

connda

Do you support "15 minute cities" in order to save the planet from man-made global warming?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for the empty phrase.

Oh, and your responses have been substantive? You have refused all along to actually discuss it. 

There is NOTHING stopping any city from being developed into a 15-minute city. 

And cities are doing NOTHING to turn themselves into 15-minute cities. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Oh, and your responses have been substantive? You have refused all along to actually discuss it. 

You sure about that? I'm going to go out on a limb and venture that you have heard of Paris, France.  Anyway, here's a link to an article that goes to great length to discuss the pros and cons of the ongoing program to turn Paris into a 15 minute city.

https://slate.com/business/2023/03/paris-car-ban-bikes-cycling-history-france.html

You might need to use the incognito or in-Private mode on your browser to bypass the paywall.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

"And cities are doing NOTHING to turn themselves into 15-minute cities. "

Apart from the 16 that are you mean?

16 cities worldwide that have implemented the 15-minute city concept or similar ideas

https://www.dw.com/en/15-minute-cities-what-are-they-and-how-do-they-work/a-64907776

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

You sure about that? I'm going to go out on a limb and venture that you have heard of Paris, France.  Anyway, here's a link to an article that goes to great length to discuss the pros and cons of the ongoing program to turn Paris into a 15 minute city.

https://slate.com/business/2023/03/paris-car-ban-bikes-cycling-history-france.html

You might need to use the incognito or in-Private mode on your browser to bypass the paywall.

Well I was half-right, clearly there is nothing stopping anyone from building a 15-minute cities. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

One of the main goals of the 15-minute city is to consume less. Building new cities is not the way to go about that.

Corral those useless eaters in a 15-minute pig pen.  It's an excellent plan! 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

One of the main goals of the 15-minute city is to consume less. Building new cities is not the way to go about that.

You statement does not help me understand your question. Do you have a question or not. 

In any event, what is (if anything) stopping anyone from reconfiguring existing cities into 15-minute cities? Did many of them not used to effectively be 15-minute cities? 

33 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Corral those useless eaters in a 15-minute pig pen.  It's an excellent plan! 

Like so many others on the right, you seem to have been suckered into believing something about the 15-minute cities that is not true. No one is corralling anybody. Anyone is free to go to any destination they were able to go to before.

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Like so many others on the right, you seem to have been suckered into believing something about the 15-minute cities that is not true. No one is corralling anybody. Anyone is free to go to any destination they were able to go to before.

So again, what (if anything) is stopping anyone from reconfiguring existing cities into 15-minute cities? Did many of them not used to effectively be 15-minute cities? 

32 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Today they can move freely.  Today. 

Anything the left touches turns to sh&$&$t. Why should this be different?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Today they can move freely.  Today. 

Anything the left touches turns to sh&$&$t. Why should this be different?

If you think traffic jams and congestion corresponds to your idea of moving freely, so be it. It certainly doesn't allow pedestrians in cities to move freely or breathe freely.

Nor ambulances, fire trucks, police cars or other emergency vehicles.

Edited by placeholder

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you think traffic jams and congestion corresponds to your idea of moving freely, so be it. It certainly doesn't allow pedestrians in cities to move freely or breathe freely.

Of course, traffic jams and congestion which may disallow pedestrians, ambulances, fire trucks, police cars and other emergency vehicles to move about cities freely generally occur in large, urban areas. Why are more of the leaders of such cities not doing what they to embrace the 15-minute city concept? 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Of course, traffic jams and congestion which may disallow pedestrians, ambulances, fire trucks, police cars and other emergency vehicles to move about cities freely generally occur in large, urban areas. Why are more of the leaders of such cities not doing what they to embrace the 15-minute city concept? 

It's a relatively recent concept. Give it time

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If I think ... what? Do you know what I think? If you do, how do you know?

1 minute ago, DudleySquat said:

If I think ... what? Do you know what I think? If you do, how do you know?

I was going to answer because you said so. But maybe that wasn't you?Perhaps, somebody hacked into your account and wrote "Today they can move freely."?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 5:32 PM, cmsally said:

If you don't really know about the agenda, please listen to Sandi Adams talking to the Glastonbury Town Council, she really knows her stuff.

Thanks for posting this.  Ms Adams makes a quite clear and thorough presentation of the big picture.    I understand that some of the statements made re: this development may seem quite bizarre and unbelievable.  I encourage readers here to listen to her if you havent done so.