You can take the girl out of the bar, but can you take the bar out of the girl?

Goat

1 hour ago, proton said:

Stick thought he was a decent sort!

he was getting paid for blogging about the industry.

and he mentioned in one of his posts once that he felt threatened by some of these bar owners. 

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2022/06/au-revoir-monsieur/

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2006/09/he-is-known-as-mr-edenpapa/

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 2:49 AM, Goat said:

From what I have seen the smartest bargirls dont need to leave Thailand at all.

They either rack up a posse of foreign sponsors sending money over monthly or even convince the punter to move up to issan with them and build them a house, "take care" of extended family etc

a fool and his money are soon parted......maybe thinking with the wrong head......in love and war..always be prepared....keep your powder dry gents..

one night in bkk makes a hard man humble...i can feel the devil walking next to me.......but as they say  Up to You......

40 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

he was getting paid for blogging about the industry.

and he mentioned in one of his posts once that he felt threatened by some of these bar owners. 

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2022/06/au-revoir-monsieur/

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2006/09/he-is-known-as-mr-edenpapa/

But Marc had not been in the industry for years. You can't blame him for being wary even afraid of the thug, but the sucking up to him continued after he died, and he even justified his gunning people down. It's often said not to speak ill of the dead, but in Marcs case I would have thought it was well justified. Behind the smiles and the sex in places like the Eden club lay several criminal activities by a violent gangster the world can well do without.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, proton said:

But Marc had not been in the industry for years. You can't blame him for being wary even afraid of the thug, but the sucking up to him continued after he died, and he even justified his gunning people down. It's often said not to speak ill of the dead, but in Marcs case I would have thought it was well justified. Behind the smiles and the sex in places like the Eden club lay several criminal activities by a violent gangster the world can well do without.

These places is good for observation of criminals, and often protected by police out more than one reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rumak said:

remember..... probably an equal number of farangs that have been left with little ,  after the girl (thai or farang)  decides to take them to the cleaners .

how many guys build a house and give access to assets that they accumulated over many many years.............. to someone they know for a very short time?

Of course...... they should know better.   And often they repeat it again !   Kind of like playing the roulette wheel and losing.   They double down  

remember..... probably an equal number of farangs that have been left with little ,  after the girl (thai or farang)  decides to take them to the cleaners .

I can vouch for the accuracy of that.

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

another stickman question to Eden owner: so can it ruin lives? maybe yes.

I have always found myself in a quandary over the industry. I know that a lot of guys enjoy it and pay the girls handsomely, but the industry doesn't just hurt the girls, it can ruin lives. What do you think about that?

There is a lot of talk about how the industry "hurts the girls", but not a lot of evidence.

Of course some will be affected, but IMO they were already damaged before becoming bar girls. What could be more damaging than getting pregnant to a boyfriend only to be abandoned when one did?

The vast majority of the girls that went with me over decades were nice, pleasant women that were doing it get ahead in life before settling down to "normality", whatever "normal" means. They were not tattooed, or drug addicted whores by nature. Many had a child or two and no means of earning much given their lack of educational qualifications, so took the easy way to money.

My 8 year girlfriend bar girl got out after about 4 years and used the money to get higher education.

IMO too many posters that have no experience of bar girls imagine it's the same as the scene in movies where they are hard, drug addicted whores run by pimps, which is not the farang scene at all. It's more like a girl friend experience, which has attracted millions of western men to Thailand, which says much about finding a girlfriend in western countries.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, proton said:

Just a pity Marc was shot dead and did not survive to end his days in prison. He had terminal cancer, most would try to make amends, maybe even get religious or give possessions away. Not Marc, he thought the best thing to do was go and murder a couple of his mates. Marc was a drug smuggler, serving time in Japan, pimp, blackmailer and murderer, Stick thought he was a decent sort!

If Marc was the boss, he certainly didn't come across as a gangster. Seemed like a normal OK guy.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, proton said:

Yes that's what they all claim- she does not mind me going to Soi Cowboy etc to see my 'mates', are they really this deluded. She puts up with it for the money, until she doesn't. 

As long as the ATM keeps providing the readies why would she complain?

My wife kept getting hit on by loads of married men.

As some of us know, LOS has a history of Mia Nois.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:00 PM, BritManToo said:

What percentage of the 50% that aren't divorced do you think are happy?

I'd guess 50% divorce, 30% living in mutual hate, 20% happy.

Nearly all LTRs are a poop show in the end.

At least in Thailand we can choose how much of our assets we are prepared to lose.

And we can pick from the relatively hot ones weighing under 50Kg.

Just look what James Bond got stuck with ............

Pierce-brosnan-wife-keely-shaye-rekindle-romance-italian-vacation-pp.jpg

IMO he deserves her for all the rotten Bond movies he made. My least favourite Bond. He also ruined Mamma Mia and sequel. No idea how he got cast for that.

He should have stuck to playing Irish gangsters. He was quite good at that.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 4/5/2023 at 7:45 PM, ezzra said:

Many foreigners married or partnered with bar/massage parlor girls, many to regrate it later as the that stigma of the lady of the night and how you met and her history will always be hanging there, for ever, and that something hard to live with.

Not all regret it. I got divorced, but nothing to do with her previous occupation.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:00 PM, Hummin said:

I guess thats the problem, people look at the figure, and decides thats not a good person to grow old with. 

There is alot of good sex in a larger woman, its all in your brain

If they are too large to walk on my spine they are too large to want to live with- PERIOD.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can vouch for the accuracy of that.

....and these are the variety that consider themselves wise old hands. 

Obviously not.

Innocent and naive is as innocent and naive does. 

Little sympathy extended. 

On 4/5/2023 at 1:36 PM, proton said:

You can take the sex tourist out of the bar but not the bar out of the sex tourist. Known a few who got married and still could not leave the bars and tarts alone, worse than ex bar girls they married. All divorced.

Seems a harsh call but likely has some truth.????????

On 4/6/2023 at 12:04 AM, BritManToo said:

Time takes it's toll,

James Bond is the perfect example, from hot to not in 5 years .........

xp6dkpy4cc171.jpg

Women in LTRs just let themselves go.

Best to rent!

Very few of us look at 60 like we did at 30.

Thai women are exactly the same as any farang woman in that respect.

Love is a funny old thing. Obviously the first attraction is physical, but over time when love kicks in and really the 'looks' are secondary.

If we are critiquing the picture, well Pierce isn't exactly the adonis he once was, but he has someone to grow old with.

Renting may well suit many here.

But don't expect anyone to hang around when you need support in your final years, that takes love not something you will get from a woman a third of your age and working on the clock

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

If we are critiquing the picture, well Pierce isn't exactly the adonis he once was, but he has someone to grow old with.

But don't expect anyone to hang around when you need support in your final years, that takes love not something you will get from a woman a third of your age and working on the clock

This is a repeated theme on this forum,

Lots of my pals have died, and nearly all alone.

This idea of dying surrounded by loved ones is a western fantasy.

Most people die in pain alone in a hospital or nursing home.

The lucky ones die suddenly, but also alone.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Very few of us look at 60 like we did at 30.

Thai women are exactly the same as any farang woman in that respect.

They may be the same as in they look better at 30 than they do at 60, but they're still going to look better than a Western woman.

Love is a funny old thing. Obviously the first attraction is physical, but over time when love kicks in and really the 'looks' are secondary.

True, but he is still the millionaire he once was.

Aren't there a lot of "you care for me until I die and I leave you everything" type deals going on in Thailand?

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

....and these are the variety that consider themselves wise old hands. 

Obviously not.

Innocent and naive is as innocent and naive does. 

Little sympathy extended. 

Good judgment comes from experience. And experience? Well, that comes ...

21 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

They may be the same as in they look better at 30 than they do at 60, but they're still going to look better than a Western woman.

True, but he is still the millionaire he once was.

Aren't there a lot of "you care for me until I die and I leave you everything" type deals going on in Thailand?

Well, probably some of those .   IMO  better than the " we had great sex for the first year... then I lost everything when she changed "  

Even though some here claim to know of "some" relationships that lasted ............. from the ones i see I do not get a great feeling of warmth when observing most that i know.   I think the odd ones that "last forever"  are the vast minority .  

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If they are too large to walk on my spine they are too large to want to live with- PERIOD.

I would say you limit your chances to find happiness and comfort based on stupid requirements and specs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

This is a repeated theme on this forum,

Lots of my pals have died, and nearly all alone.

This idea of dying surrounded by loved ones is a western fantasy.

Most people die in pain alone in a hospital or nursing home.

The lucky ones die suddenly, but also alone.

There is alot of happy men in here who claim rental is best  Quite convincing to with their positivity and bright outlook on life in general.

Positivity flourish on this forum from all of them and their vise advises. 

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm betting once you need your nappies changing you'll be alone in a care home.

I'll always remember my aunt and uncle, both with Alzheimers living in the same care home.

They didn't know each other or anyone that visited them.

When my uncle died first, at his funeral she kept asking who was he, and who are you?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'm betting once you need your nappies changing you'll be alone in a care home.

I'll always remember my aunt and uncle, both with Alzheimers living in the same care home.

They didn't know each other or anyone that visited them.

When my uncle died first, at his funeral she kept asking who was he, and who are you?

Alzheimer's is one of those conditions where i think it's better to top yourself before it gets too late

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Sticking with the 'Bond' theme, there's the comment that it's OK when a man turns 60 because he ends up looking like Sean Connery whereas when a woman turns 60, she ends up looking like Sean Connery.

or looking like cathy kirby  with a bloated face image.jpeg.47cfc73d3583d31670e25f67b8bc5fb8.jpeg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Marc was the boss, he certainly didn't come across as a gangster. Seemed like a normal OK guy.

Well he had a scar, and a gun under the counter, blackmailed people who gave the dump bad reviews, or tried to. Also, a convicted drug offender in Japan, a pimp and a murderer, seems pretty conclusive despite the olive oil charm some were taken in by, when he was taking their cash.

On 4/8/2023 at 2:55 PM, NanLaew said:

How did they respond to your 'Mensa Moment'?

In general I mean.

Hardly a Mensa moment i only did it a few times as every time i went to a new bar is was always hearing the 3 month thing and just did it as a bit if a joke.

Anyway if you really are asking or were just taking the mickey with your Mensa moment reply.

There reaction depended on whether they had actually been working at the bar for 3 months.

Most of them were lying, so they would give a coy smile and weird body movement as if to say ok you've caught me out there a bit.

If they had been here for only 3 months they seemed impressed that i knew something about them and would be genuinely intrigued but then would always be a bit naive.

13 hours ago, ed strong said:

Hardly a Mensa moment i only did it a few times as every time i went to a new bar is was always hearing the 3 month thing and just did it as a bit if a joke.

Anyway if you really are asking or were just taking the mickey with your Mensa moment reply.

There reaction depended on whether they had actually been working at the bar for 3 months.

Most of them were lying, so they would give a coy smile and weird body movement as if to say ok you've caught me out there a bit.

If they had been here for only 3 months they seemed impressed that i knew something about them and would be genuinely intrigued but then would always be a bit naive.

You must be fun to be around