You can take the girl out of the bar, but can you take the bar out of the girl?

Goat

1 hour ago, rumak said:

Well, sir ........ that certainly goes to prove that the old saying is definitely true .  

"Finding long lasting love is like playing darts :  Hit or Miss !

Ahhhh, but hitting the bullseye is another matter .

I even managed to hit the triple 20 sometimes. I even made it with 3 darts but not so often.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It goes back to why they don't have a Thai man any more. Some are truly abandoned by their spouse in favor of another woman. Others leave their spouse, sometimes primarily to go to Pattaya to make money, others leave their spouse and find themselves without sufficient income after some time and must work bar.

Lots of reasons why a lady works bar rather than live in Isaan with a spouse.

You missed out that many of them like working in a bar, and it beats working in the fields for a living. In case you hadn't noticed it can be like going to a party every day, with the added benefit of possibly making a lot of money in a short time and sometimes even a holiday in Thailand or overseas paid for by the customer.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is a worn out old cliché. If you're 20, 30 or more years older than the girl you're taking out of the bar, you're serving only one purpose and the bar is the least of your worries.

Edited by JensenZ

There are bargirl lies, customer lies, but what I hear about are líes that Thai boyfriends tell bargirls.

One lady I know is up in Isaan, and asked her boyfriend to bring up her moto to use in the village. The problem is that he pawned it, and never paid back the loan, so he can't move it from Pattaya. 

So now he has to come up with some new story.

On 4/7/2023 at 5:38 PM, FarAway said:

Back in the days with healthy families and normal men and women, the age gap between a man and a woman (no LGBTQ back then as well ???? )

I just cannot talk with anyone who cannot accept others lifestyle choices.

People are born with their own predilection as far as how they want to be as a human. Everyone is different. Someone who prefers women or men or ladybirds has no choice in the choice and is still an equal human as the next man or woman. Many people have secret desires and project the opposite of what they prefer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 7:45 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Renting may well suit many here.

The term "rent" and "renting" is used quite often in these forums. Are we talking about the girlfriend who receives a monthly allowance?  If so, is it still considered renting when they get married and he is still providing her with financial support/salary?

On 4/7/2023 at 5:38 PM, FarAway said:

Back in the days with healthy families and normal men and women, the age gap between a man and a woman (no LGBTQ back then as well :) ) was really NEVER more than 10 years, usually 5 or less.

That is how it is supposed to be.

Mohammad and Aisha

Joseph and Mary

Seems like large age gaps were the norm..............

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, BritManToo said:

Some can, some can't.

A weak man will never keep any woman.

Just look at the guys who have failed relationships,

Jeff Bezos, Bill gates, Rod Stewart, Paul McCartney, KIng Charles, Prince Andrew, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp .......

The list is endless, if these guys can't keep a woman happy, what chance do the rest of us have?

Happy enough with mine out of the entertainment industry, and she was a real stunner age 33, 6 years and counting.

Businessmen are too busy. Actors on drugs etc plus sleeping around.

Its not normal to have 1 partner for 40 years. Sleeping around is normal.

6 hours ago, YITB1980 said:

The term "rent" and "renting" is used quite often in these forums. Are we talking about the girlfriend who receives a monthly allowance?  If so, is it still considered renting when they get married and he is still providing her with financial support/salary?

Many rent, others take a lease lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Girls working in bars are there for a reason. Taking them out doesn't change the original character defects (laziness, greed, ignorance, lack of education, lack of morals) that caused them to work there in the first place. Those qualities will stay with them.

Goes both ways

• Like 1

It's not so much about the bar; it's the socioeconomic background they come from.

My EX was a school teacher, not a sex worker. But she came from the same environment as the working ladies. She grew up with them in the village, went to the same school. Came from a similar family with similar values.

Yet she went to uni and became a teacher.

Nonetheless, she was just as much a gold digging sex worker as the rest of them. She just did it dishonestly and with more cunning.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Girls working in bars are there for a reason. Taking them out doesn't change the original character defects (laziness, greed, ignorance, lack of education, lack of morals) that caused them to work there in the first place. Those qualities will stay with them.

(laziness, greed, ignorance, lack of education, lack of morals) ..... apart from education, your post applies to every woman I ever dated (including my former Brit schoolteacher wife). I'm sure all women aren't like that, just the ones I've encountered.

But at least when I know they came from a background of sex work, I'm not fooled into trusting them so much ........and they rarely refuse sex.

Edited by BritManToo

12 hours ago, YITB1980 said:

If she was a hooker, and she now doesnt have a job anymore, then yes. Along term rental. He has leased her.

But a normal woman with an honest job then no. That is a normal relationship.

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

But a normal woman with an honest job then no. That is a normal relationship.

Normal woman in normal relationship = not much sex after the first year, but plenty of expense.

Ever had a 'normal' relationship last 5+ years and still plenty of sex, I'm betting not!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YITB1980 said:

renting means you always get a younger girl than an old trout with health probs and looks and sounds llke frank bruno 

• Haha 1