If you witnessed a man beating a woman to a pulp in public, would you intervene?

bob smith

10 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Came across a woman being verbally threatened and screamed at by a man.............she walked away from him, shaking and crying.......I said to her 'is there anything I can do?'..........

...........she turned to my and spate out, with some venom........... '<deleted> off and mind your own business'

Never get involved in a domestic, IMO. Seems it never works out well for the one interfering.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Agree, when out and about I have a steel baton in my man bag.

9mm was USA, now/TH, carry a blade.   As with USA, doubt if I'll ever need, aside from making a sandwich at the food court after buying a roll, pastrami & swiss from the market next door.

It's not like in Aust, US or other western places ....  Thai's won't get involved and farang shouldn't either.

It's cringing to see a thai beating up a gf or wife,   but the sad fact is if you intervene he may stab you or shoot you.   

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

11 years of martial arts, 6 years as a hooker in rugby union, part time bouncer in Amsterdam's red light. Won over 100 fights, 3 losses.

What about you?

100 fights! Show us the busted snoz or it never happened! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

...........she turned to my and spate out, with some venom........... '<deleted> off and mind your own business

Oh dear, that's not nice.

Was it something to do with your looks?

4 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Oh dear, that's not nice.

Was it something to do with your looks?

I experienced that a few times working, so therefor before you intervene in a fight, make sure she wants your help. Of course how op describe the situation, he did the right thing. 

On 4/17/2023 at 12:38 PM, smutcakes said:

If the lady was very pretty and/or had a good body/nice boobs and he was very small & extremely drunk/could barely walk i might try and impress the bird if there was the off chance i could cop a feel afterwards. (with her permission)

Otherwise hell no, nothing to do with me.

..so you're just a smutty scavenger  ????

On 4/17/2023 at 12:29 PM, jvs said:

Yes you are right,even the woman may turn on you if you hurt her beloved husband.

Walk away,this is Thailand and there are different rules here.

same rule pretty much anywhere. You dont get involved in domestic disputes as you dont jnow the whole story. 

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

9mm was USA, now/TH, carry a blade.   As with USA, doubt if I'll ever need, aside from making a sandwich at the food court after buying a roll, pastrami & swiss from the market next door.

Oh dear God... not this again.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 12:59 PM, Kwasaki said:

Dunno about involved in actual fighting just hands on separation,  intervened twice once in a soi and once in a restaurant.

I cannot ignore it, it's just who I am I cannot not do something.

Bravo! The days of chivalry have not gone forever. My two bob's worth? From my life savers experience in Australia some 55 years ago ( no fat soy boys then), a chin grab from behind followed by a quick take down gives one the element of surprise. Such a hold was necessary to rescue a panicking patient in the surf. With the agressor being totally surprised at being incapacitated, albeit temporarily, one would hope that onlookers would show some initiative and provide assistance. If none is forthcoming, then the only alternative is to subdue this coward physically. Eyes, ears, nose and throat all provide targets for hands and fists whilst simultaneously applying the leverage of your knee on his chest. Once the assailant recognizes your intentions are only a little less than murderous, and he is distracted with the pain and humiliation,it's time to exit stage right, quickly and without fuss. 

• Thumbs Up 1