Daily Covid-19 cases in Bangkok spike

webfact

BMA: Thousands Catching Covid In Bangkok Everyday
by TNR Staff

image.jpeg

A representative image of the Omicron variant. Photo: Health.clevelandclinic.org

BANGKOK Metropolitan Administration (BMA) said today (Apr. 22) that a post-Songkran festival Covid spike has led to the number of in-patients in the capital jumping from around 300-400 cases day to maximum 700 and if those who are infected but have not reported their condition to the monitoring system are added it is likely thousands are getting infected everyday, TV Channel 7 said.

However Dr. Wantanee Wattana, BMA’s deputy permanent secretary, urged the public to not panic because the new Omicron subvariant XBB. 1.16, which may cause conjunctivitis – red and itchy eyes, especially in babies and young children, has not started spreading with those who fall sick catching the previous variants.

She urged people at risk and those in the vulnerable groups, among whom are people over 60 years of age and those who have congenital diseases, to stay safe and if they have not been vaccinated for four to six months then they should get another jab.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/04/22/bma-thousands-catching-covid-in-bangkok-everyday/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-04-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1

I caught Omicron coming back from Bangkok to Sydney then on to NZ but I think the Sydney- Chc leg. Was not as bad as I expected with my first case. Think Omicron not as bad as older variants. When In Bk most People except Western Farang were wearing masks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok‘s daily number of Covid-19 cases has experienced a significant spike, nearly doubling from 400 to 700 in the wake of the city’s recent Songkran festival. This has led to growing concerns among local authorities, who fear that the true extent of the situation might not yet be fully understood.

Do they ever understand anything?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Does the deputy City Clerk at the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), Dr. Wantanee Watana know the first thing about immunological science? What is his specialty? 

First he stated there is a huge spike and then he says calm down, there is no real worry. 

I believe calm down and there is no worry is the correct attitude to take. This virus continues to morph into the flu, and life goes on. 

Doctor Wantanee is referred to as 'she' in the article.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Does the deputy City Clerk at the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), Dr. Wantanee Watana know the first thing about immunological science? What is his specialty? 

First he stated there is a huge spike and then he says calm down, there is no real worry. 

I believe calm down and there is no worry is the correct attitude to take. This virus continues to morph into the flu, and life goes on. 

Don't panic - election coming  - can't have anything disrupting that!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1