Crafty Thai woman allegedly steals British tourist’s Rolex in Pattaya

webfact

47 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Guess he did not utilize a lock box, I wonder sometimes how folks can be so Naïve.

My guess is she did not live in the condo but was a guest of someone else and he caught her on her way out originally and obtained her contact info. Just supposition on my part.  Why travel with high end watches or even wear gold out and about.  Prime targets.

And a shower in the middle of the night? Did he mean when they got in from being out, or he just always gets up and showers in the middle of the night, I am a little confused with this part......

After a little of time with the lady he thought it time to have a wash down. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Brit said via a translator, his female friend, that he became acquainted with a Thai woman who he met by chance at a condo in Nong Prue subdistrict, Bang Lamung district, Chon Buri province.

One night, he took the woman back to his condo room. According to the tourist, he got into the shower in the middle of the night, and when he got out, the woman he brought home was nowhere to be found.

Watch sitting on the bed-side table brains elsewhere.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, pjuk said:

Hope he has the original receipt from Rolex.

Rolex don't sell watches. They supply watches to their Authorised dealers who then sell them - so you will never get a "Rolex" receipt.

RAZZ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Two takes on this one.

Firstly. A Rolex is waterproof. Keep it on in the shower.

Secondly. He should have insisted on showering with her.

It remains waterproof so long as it has been serviced and the gaskets have been changed. I failed to do this with a real Breitling, and water got into it in the shower. Cost about 30k Baht to have fixed. Haven't worn it in the shower since.

43 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

My old (wealthy) friends wore real Rolex's everywhere over the almost 20 years that I knew them, and never had a problem. The one had the most amazing watch collection. 3 or 4 Rolex's, a Hublot, a limited edition Patek Phillipe (worth around $60k).

Yeah... but they were probably switched on enough not bring ‘strangers’ back to their place and take of an expensive item before going for a shower.

Neither were they silly enough to wear such expensive items in area’s known for their lawlessness and elevated risk of theft. 

Thailand is generally a lot safer for this stuff... I know guys in Brazil who go out with one ID card and just cash... when (IF) their money runs out they just go home...

They wouldn’t even bother wearing a cheap watch and would usually get stopped / robbed of what they have left on their way home.

I’m glad Thailand is very very far from that.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:
1 hour ago, pjuk said:

Hope he has the original receipt from Rolex.

Rolex don't sell watches. They supply watches to their Authorised dealers who then sell them - so you will never get a "Rolex" receipt.

Geez... some guys... talk about being pedantic... You know exactly what he means.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Goat said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...  or even if he has insurance at all.

If i owned the insurance company i would be reluctant to pay out in this case. Leaving a 900,000 baht watch unattended with a Lady of The Night in Pattaya is as irresposible as not wearing a motorbike helmet when drunk without a licence on a bangkok motorway.

Agreed... 20/20 hindsight, well, even just plain old common sense suggests he should have simply placed the watch in his safe.... 

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Oh so many thanks. I feel enlightened :cheesy:

Yeah, thanks for the warning, got it you holidaying farang ? if you want to holiday in a 3rd world country in Asia and take a whore back to your room.......leave your Rolex at home.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Walking around with an expensive Rolex should be no problem in Thailand. Every thief thinks it will be a 500-Baht copy.

my pal bought a good fake for $200 and sold in the UK for $500.....the weight was good and had a mechanical movement. I will get one for my watch collecting friend. Pay the cops and his watch will be found. The average hooker has too dump it fast for cheap.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

In the years when I used to do that kind of thing, however drunk I was, I would always undress in the bathroom, on the basis that my money was in my shorts pocket (could be as much as 15,000 Baht). One night, probably down to alcohol, I left my shorts unattended with what's-er-name in the bedroom. I discovered later that a $100 bill had disappeared.????

Yes, I once took a 'lady of the night' back to my 500 baht room and then popped into the shower.  When I came out, the lady was gone and my shorts were on the floor, clearly tampered with.  I checked the pockets and found a 1,000 baht note that wasn't there before and had been left by the lady who felt sorry for my financial circumstances! ????  (That was a joke BTW!)

16 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

I wonder what type of Rolex it was because all the RRP for Rolex are nothing like the price he said. Most is about 600,000 Baht. Was it maybe a copy but is shy about admitting it?

A gold Rolex Oyster would be about a million Baht (ballpark).

Edited by Andrew65

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

And a shower in the middle of the night? Did he mean when they got in from being out, or he just always gets up and showers in the middle of the night, I am a little confused with this part......

you are either being ironic or are thick as fok

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

And you're naive enough to buy his story?

You haven't figured-out that he lied about meeting her at the condo because was too embarrassed to admit he paid her to go home with him after he saw her shooting ping-pong balls out of her hoo-haw?

Ah,do you think she used her expertise in that department to smuggle the watch out... perhaps a Submariner waterproof to 1000 metres!

28 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Yeah, thanks for the warning, got it you holidaying farang ? if you want to holiday in a 3rd world country in Asia and take a whore back to your room.......leave your Rolex at home.

Good advice...along with the missus too to guard it.