British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

13 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I actually hope they get their holiday extended.  Give them separate accommodation for 30 days. Charge with guilty and note it on their records as well as blacklist them

Will be interesting to see how the British rags make them look like they are the victim 

You obviously don't read British papers! Phew!!!

• Like 1

Why is it that these episodes always happen in the middle of the night and not in broad daylight ?

Oh yea --- after a belly full of booze

.... and doesn't anyone wear helmets when riding motorbikes in the wee hours anymore ?

Maybe the BIB's can add that infraction

to the charges against the  brave guy who blindsided the tuk tuk driver.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's the correct thing to do, they would have been beaten up by many. 

So should of been beaten ! only Cowards spend rest there stay in Thailand inside detention centre ready for deportation Asap , Quality tourist 

Edited by Mad mick
  • Thanks 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed... 

I’m certainly not condoning the action of the Brits... But, how long would it have been before they were ganged up upon by a group of Thai’s.

Clearly the MC guys were stupid drunk tourist, but I have no sympathy for a Phuket TukTuk driver, as harsh as that may seem, they are more often than not the ones on the ‘giving end’ of events rather than receiving... 

... as we can see, Thai’s were already swarming out of the woodwork to get their attack in, perhaps in response to things having turned violent already, but no one was there trying to de-escalate a situation. 

Convenient ‘polishing’ of the facts..... Several thugs attempted to get involved and tried their best to assault the tourists as they escaped.... 

If they'd got the sh*t kicked out of them it would have been richly deserved. They were the aggressors.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst I agree in general with your sentiment, punching or striking someone/anyone over a small accident and running away is unacceptable!

Yes, no excuse but I can understand it. These taxi drivers have 'hittable' faces. 

I got hit by a taxi driver once in Nontaburi for not paying a huge, unfair  fare. I instinctively hit him back. He went back to the car and took out a crowbar to try to beat me up, but decided against it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Instead the Brits "king hit or sucker punch" someone and run away. Real heroes, not.

Cos we’ve never seen Thai’s do that, right ??? never seen such videos on this forum either, right ???

Again, not condoning the actions of the Brits...  they behaved like utter tools...  

... and you may be right, why it does seem that there is proportionately more brits getting up to stupid stuff than other nationalities.. but thats perhaps a facet of the ‘British centric’ social medal and media here... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Running away from the scene like scared chicken. How brave ????????

I hope that they get to spend the remaining of their holiday in detention.

They've probably been reading stories about how Thai men normally fight in packs, and decided to be "pro-active"!  Still, a very bad advert for young Brits in general, and hopefully they get their just desserts.

(P.S. Nice to see the old pointing finger is back, along with the Crime Reenactments Team which caused a Brit father to react quite predictably when within touching distance of his son's murderer.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:
4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If they'd got the sh*t kicked out of them it would have been richly deserved. They were the aggressors.

Where's your compassion?

Well, to be fair....   it can’t really be mentioned that the Brit didn’t service a kicking for his behaviour... 

But the reality is, no violence should have been used at all..   BUT... this is Thailand and whenever there is a confrontation, violence is usually very quick to follow... the difference here is that it was not a group of Thai’s who instigated it...  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

I'm a Brit and I am sad to say this behaviour is not unusual - young Brits these days are cowards but still like to think they can fight the world.........once they have had a drink. I hope they catch that thug in the black t-shirt and deal with him properly.

Bang them up and make them pay for the damage and breaking the law.. I'm a Brit and I think nowadays some youngsters are less in control of themselves. They get a few tattoos and think they are invincible. Bang em up and let them enjoy Thailand's detention hospitality. 

????

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, kentrot said:

Why is it that these episodes always happen in the middle of the night and not in broad daylight ?

Oh yea --- after a belly full of booze

.... and doesn't anyone wear helmets when riding motorbikes in the wee hours anymore ?

Maybe the BIB's can add that infraction

to the charges against the  brave guy who blindsided the tuk tuk driver.

"... and doesn't anyone wear helmets when riding motorbikes in the wee hours anymore"

That's because the people who stop and fine them are probably safely tucked up indoors.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Will be interesting to see how the British rags make them look like they are the victim

As you're such a keen follower of the British press, please would you share the links when you find them.

I, too, would be extremely interested in seeing articles that make these guys look like the victim.

• Like 1