Thai females average weight now 63kg!!!!

8 minutes ago, maechanman said:

Eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly to keep an healthy weight, many Thais do neither.

I've seen them hop on Baht buses to travel walkable distances (200/300 metres) on many occasions.

yea, like the average european/american is a healthy lifestyle role model. glass houses.

6 hours ago, bignok said:

Obese people buy more food, so more consumption taxes. Same thing with drinkers and smokers. So they are paying for it. Health insurance goes up due to inflation. Drivers pay more in fuel costs. So it's the eaters, the drinkers, the smokers, the drivers that fund the economy. The person who doesn't drive, doesn't eat much or drink or smoke isn't contributing much at all to the pool of funds. They save $200 a week and pay out perhaps $10 extra in premiums.

Strange logic but think you are trying to get an excited response.  Not even worth my time responding.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, bignok said:

I don't know why you make up lies about what others have seen.

Had relatives in old people's homes. There were people over 90yo. At least 40% were fat.

Could it be that they weren't fat until the very last month's of their life? In a home means lack of mobility and once you're in a home and probably the 6 months prior to it piling on the pounds would be fairly common I think.

23 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Worst of course is being mostly immobile fingering your mobile phone all day and eating salty fatty stuff. Which a fair few seem to do. 

Agree, although in Thailand the biggest problem is sugar; they put it in everything, even bread. Sugar is a bigger problem than red meat, fat, salt or carbohydrates 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Agree, although in Thailand the biggest problem is sugar; they put it in everything, even bread. Sugar is a bigger problem than red meat, fat, salt or carbohydrates 

Red meat, fat and salt are the best foods to eat for strength, energy.

Everybody is blaming obesity on the food , being it Fast food or the wrong Food or eating to much food.

Guess what, It's not the Food it's the people.

They haven't got the Won't power to say,  I Won't eat this , I won't eat that and I Won't eat so much.

Exercise is an other bit of help, you look at it now . Kids don't play in the back yards  they cant even walk 100 meter to a shop Just hop on the motorbike and go, if they could they would go to the Toilet on the bike.

30 minutes ago, bignok said:

What if they find skinny people repulsive? Or smokers or drinkers?

I find anyone who does not do exactly as I do repulsive.....So people who drink and smoke and leave pizzia boxes on the floor for days are OK by me...

Edited by redwood1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Myth, i eat loads of sugar when exercising, 150g in my water bottle today, I'm not sugar phobic and fit and slim. Main issue is fatty junk food, pastries, chocolate, ice cream, crisps etc etc

63 Kgs is "average" but there are a lot more seriously overweight people (mostly women) and fewer thin ones. It is the diet and the western influence on "body shaming" and bigger curvier women that has caused this. Many you see are damaging their health in the long term as obesity is the route to many other medical conditions just as much as malnutrition.

It is a shame as Thailand was known for its beauties not just the smiles. 

On 5/15/2023 at 1:10 PM, bignok said:

Are skinny people more happy? 

You don’t need to be skinny or overweight ! Eat normal well balanced diets and exercise. You’ll be healthy, unless a medical problem. Noticed the Thai ladies are getting bigger since a good while.,Rubbish food and eating all day, soda drinks , all unhealthy.,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2023 at 11:57 AM, stoner said:

interesting enough 6 of the top 20 for lowest kgm average female...in no particular order. 

laos 

myanmar

cambodia

viet nam

indo

philippines

I suspect that these nationalities are probably lower in height than Thai.  My Thai lady is 48KG and comes up to my shoulders.  In Vietnam, many locals there came up to her shoulders

On 5/15/2023 at 11:57 AM, stoner said:

interesting enough 6 of the top 20 for lowest kgm average female...in no particular order. 

laos 

myanmar

cambodia

viet nam

indo

philippines

My GF is Cambodian and I can confirm she is well under 63kgs. Thank goodness!  Did have a chunky Thai GF 68kgs before, but long gone.

IMO it would be interesting to know if the incidence of cancer in Thais is increasing, due to obesity.

Before WWII, breast cancer among Japanese women was almost unknown. As Japan adopted a more Western diet, breast cancer rates took off, and now approach those found in Western countries.

Cancer loves sugar. One of the diagnostic tools for detecting tumors is infusing a patient with a sugar made radioactive with a carbon isotope, then observing where the sugar goes in a PET scan. The rate of sugar uptake is much faster with cancer cells than normal cells.

It's perhaps no accident the largest Thai sugar company has acquired virtually all of Austalia's sugar cane industry.

• Thumbs Up 1